Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

22 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Think the problem with VAR is, it is officiated by jobs worth incompetents, not the tech that's wrong.

Keeps shit refs in a job, because if it worked perfectly they'd be gone.

The problem with var is that people think it’s there to get decisions ‘right’ ……..

the authorities need to make a decision on that 

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Introduce broadcasting the mic communication between VAR and ref on the telly too. 

The arrogance of football authorities that refuse to learn from Rugby etc. VAR required with the broadcasting as you state. Also time keeping should not be decided by on field ref but similar to Rugby League

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

The arrogance of football authorities that refuse to learn from Rugby etc. VAR required with the broadcasting as you state. Also time keeping should not be decided by on field ref but similar to Rugby League

Agreed, but let’s stop praising that crap sport too much. Rugby fans already think their farts don’t stink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Probably the 3 worse referees we have had this season are all Premier refs:- England at Cov, Kavanagh v Boro, & that idiot last night. Premier League refs cannot now referee a game without VAR.

I fully expect we will get a Prem ref v Southampton, especially as it is a Friday night game

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

The problem with VAR is they put Chris kavanagh or pawson there. So either one of those dickheads **** you over in person, and the ref at var does nothing because "it wasn't clear and obvious/want to stick with the on field decision", or pawson on var decides to **** us over, and suddenly clear and obvious isn't a thing.

Technology isn't the issue. It's that Craig pawson has a long and documented issue of officiating games where he tries to screw us over as much as possible.

Exactly. If it was me or any other genuine fan that follows the sport for decades there's no way I'd make a single mistake using the VAR technology. So it's either complete incompetence and lack of knowledge or there's something else happening behind the scenes which we'll never be able to prove or expose. 

It's hard to believe also these refs make genuine mistakes. It's not rocket science. The linesman yesterday had the perfect positioning, not a single player disrupting his sight, the whole ball deflects off the body of the Leeds defender and everybody can see it in real time. Imo he had the intention beforehand to disallow any goal which could fall under the "not clear" category. 

• Like 1

the thing is with the officials, there is no accountability with them or the decisions they give; Yes i get that they are human and they'll make mistakes, but some of them are plain to see even from a person sitting 100ft away

some of the decisions yesterday were totally baffling, last week they was too, when Clarke should have been sent off

all we want is consistency with decisions but atm there is none at all

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the thing is with the officials, there is no accountability with them or the decisions they give; Yes i get that they are human and they'll make mistakes, but some of them are plain to see even from a person sitting 100ft away

some of the decisions yesterday were totally baffling, last week they was too, when Clarke should have been sent off

all we want is consistency with decisions but atm there is none at all

It does seem a closed shop where incompetent decisions are swept under the carpet. I don't want officials to be victimised but it makes me laugh when managers can be fined for public criticism as bringing the game into disrepute. This seems to go against free speech

Officials were terrible last night. Forgetting the obvious errors disallowing the goal and incorrectly booking Ricardo there were numerous things missed.

Gray ran the ball out of play for a corner first half - nothing.

Gnonto goes in high and reckless on KDH - nothing.

Faes wrestled to the ground at a corner - nothing.

maybe I’m paranoid but this is the third big away game after Coventry and Ipswich that this has happened. Can’t be a coincidence, can it!!?? 

• Like 1

The Ricardo tackle makes me laugh out of anger. Clean as a whistle slide, ahead of the player, cleats down, back heel block Contact with the ball, wins it, Leeds player 2 seconds later trips over Ricardo.

What on earth did this ref see that made him go over to Ricardo and give him a straight yellow? I’m sorry that’s incompetence not even a mistake. He is not good at his job and we suffer for it. Will we get an apology from pgmol?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LVFox said:

Last night and the penalty at Ipswich and we are 14 points clear at the top!

Can't help but feel plenty of refs have tried to "level the playing field" by making it harder for us. Some horrific decisions against us, and I can't remember too many shockers going our way.

Not sure that's true but ref's have certainly been homer's in the Ipswich and Leeds matches. Never seems to happen at our place. Perhaps we are just too nice. 

When I make a mistake at work, I put my hand up and apologise for it, I guess most of you do too.

Officials would get cut a lot more slack if they just said sorry, I was wrong about that one, once in a while.

And no, it wouldn't undermine their authority, it would engender respect.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

The Ricardo tackle makes me laugh out of anger. Clean as a whistle slide, ahead of the player, cleats down, back heel block Contact with the ball, wins it, Leeds player 2 seconds later trips over Ricardo.

What on earth did this ref see that made him go over to Ricardo and give him a straight yellow? I’m sorry that’s incompetence not even a mistake. He is not good at his job and we suffer for it. Will we get an apology from pgmol?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, some card decisions reek of spot fixing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When I make a mistake at work, I put my hand up and apologise for it, I guess most of you do too.

Officials would get cut a lot more slack if they just said sorry, I was wrong about that one, once in a while.

100%.

They've lost a shit load of respect and authority with the amount they consistently get wrong.

• Like 1

Terrible officiating against us yet again!

worst thing was the giving Daka offside when he was played onside by 3 Leeds players and their gk by a couple of yards!

That’s up there for the worst offside decision for me, can’t believe he couldn’t see Daka, playing a dark blue, was behind a wall of white shirted Leeds players when Vesty headed it! I hope the club have lodged an official complaint about this.

• Haha 1

Just had a look who was refereeing the League Cup final today.

Chris Kavanagh.

I assumed he'd been "demoted" refereeing a Championship match last week (How that's a punishment for poor officiating or why clubs of a lower level should suffer has always been beyond me), he was one of the worst we've had all season and now he's been "promoted", "honored" refereeing a final!

Edited by Matt

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

Chris Kavanagh.

I assumed he'd been "demoted" refereeing a Championship match last week (How that's a punishment for poor officiating or why clubs of a lower level should suffer has always been beyond me), he was one of the worst we've had all season and now he's been "promoted", "honored" refereeing a final!

Jon Moss retired and they made him a manager of the other referees. They have no concept of what good refereeing actually is.

Interestingly, as a contrast, I looked up Roger East, a ref so unrememberable that I can't even recall what he looks like. Turns out he retired in 2019. That's the gold standard there. A ref who makes so little **** ups and controversial decisions he can be gone for 5 years and you don't even realise.

On 24/02/2024 at 13:05, Angus Scott said:

Probably the 3 worse referees we have had this season are all Premier refs:- England at Cov, Kavanagh v Boro, & that idiot last night. Premier League refs cannot now referee a game without VAR.

I fully expect we will get a Prem ref v Southampton, especially as it is a Friday night game

Good point that

Craig Pawson is one of the worse referee's I've ever seen. I could never stand him in the Premier League and he's no better in the Championship.

I knew something dodgy would happen Friday night.

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Jon Moss retired and they made him a manager of the other referees. They have no concept of what good refereeing actually is.

Interestingly, as a contrast, I looked up Roger East, a ref so unrememberable that I can't even recall what he looks like. Turns out he retired in 2019. That's the gold standard there. A ref who makes so little **** ups and controversial decisions he can be gone for 5 years and you don't even realise.

Jon Moss wasn't even the worse. People just remembered him for Vardy (and Kasper before that).

Friday night being an example. Pawson is worse than Moss ever was.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Chris Kavanagh.

He was appointed for the final a while ago 

what happened last week is irrelevant 

Guest glasgowfox
On 24/02/2024 at 14:03, Trav Le Bleu said:

do you not think pawsons arm would get very tired