Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trelleh

EFL Officiating Abomination Journal 23/24

Guest Chocolate Teapot
51 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If we could finish this thread would be about a third of the length it is now 👍

I know. Its pathetic, and it completely ignores the decisions we've had go for us.

Expecting to see Top on the pitch doing the teapot next time we have a decision go against us.

1 hour ago, eblair said:

Was it offside? Cos if it was we have been absolutely shegged. Nelson plays perfect line and we get ****ed

how tf we a convicted criminal is allowed to score against us as well

If you look at the screenshot above, it’s far from the perfect line he’s a half a yard the deepest and had to step up as well. 

I’m going to call the assistants Linesmen again, not because I’m old but because there’s FA assisting going on. Are they linked with mics and earpieces at this level? They just don’t seem to be a “team” at this level, there’s a ref who got his license in a box of cornflakes and two guys who can’t keep up with play, don’t understand the concept of ricochet or possess a set of b***s big enough to let the ref know they’ve seen something. It’s making the refs look even more like strutting peacock jobsworths with posters of Mike Dean on their walls. 

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Imagine my shock at another woeful officiating performance.

Few angles I've seen make it look like Dyke was offside. 

Mavididi tripped in the box at the end and refs ignored it 

Mavididi was poor and that was embarrassing for him. A clear dive 

Also why do they allow this time-wasting bullshit. You could see 2nd half they were time wasting, book them early stamps it out, let's it go on books near the end. Then adds only 5 minutes, **** that. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Also why do they allow this time-wasting bullshit. You could see 2nd half they were time wasting, book them early stamps it out, let's it go on books near the end. Then adds only 5 minutes, **** that. 

The problem is that even if a player is booked early for time wasting, would a ref really be prepared to give them a second yellow when they continue to do it? I just don't think so. Certainly not aware of this ever happening. I would prefer having an official timekeeper to control the stadium clock on the big screen. Their job would be to stop the clock every time the ball was out of play, so it would render the kind of antics we saw today from QPR pointless. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The problem is that even if a player is booked early for time wasting, would a ref really be prepared to give them a second yellow when they continue to do it? I just don't think so. Certainly not aware of this ever happening. I would prefer having an official timekeeper to control the stadium clock on the big screen. Their job would be to stop the clock every time the ball was out of play, so it would render the kind of antics we saw today from QPR pointless. 

Its never happened but it should. Its cheating, blatant cheating. Its as bad as a late tackle, elbow or whatever. I think it should be made clear, maybe 1 warning, booking, red card, no one can argue then. I'd take the time keeper, although supposedly the ref should do that. I've seen us have a few 9 minutes added time games this season where we haven't even time wasted! 

3 hours ago, smallpauldj said:

Hope the screenshot works. Says everything this. 

Screenshot_20240302_210208_Scores.jpg

The other angle from behind our goal clearly shows Sykes is in front of Nelson! Surprised more hasn’t been said about this, clearly offside and yet another thing that doesn’t go for us. Mind you we didn’t win that game because of how lacklustre we were but at 0-0 we would have probably scored first.

It’s not just about the time wasted, it’s about ruining momentum, I hate it when commentators say “The ref will only add it back on anyway…” firstly because they inevitably don’t add it sufficiently or at all and secondly if they do it doesn’t compensate for all the breaks in momentum, whenever you look like you’re building up a head of steam that’s the point at which they do it, you might get a 54 minute 2nd half but it’s sliced up into so many minuscule phases of play you can’t get any rhythm or capitalise on any exhaustion and force errors.

If say a minute or so after the Leeds equaliser one of our players goes down with a mysterious head injury that requires 3 minutes of physio we probably ride the storm and that 2nd and 3rd goal don’t come. At that moment Leeds built a huge head of steam and we started making sloppy clearances and buckled under the relentless pressure. If we’d ensured there was very little ball in play in those minutes we catch a breath, sort our heads out and probably recover.

The classic example was Arsenal at home last season. It was bizarre as such was the gulf in class we could have played all day and not scored yet Arsenals pre programmed DNA of gamesmanship meant that any occasion on which we upped the tempo and put just a bit of pressure on  would be followed by a player, mostly Xhaka just sitting down with their head in their hands forcing a stoppage to break any rhythm or momentum we had.

I’m aware that what should be added is the time beyond the reasonable expectation of length for an incident eg a throw should take say 30 seconds, if it takes 90 you add the excess 60 not the whole 90 but still a second half today with substitutions, a ridiculously long goal celebration where the guy just ignored the ref and stayed in the corner and another then went back across the centre circle to further delay the re-start, plus the many lengthy goal kick and throw in set ups and he gives just 5 minutes. The Nelson booking within the 5 did take a long time but I don’t have a great deal of sympathy there, bookings are part of the game if you’re careless or rash enough to concede one. 

This league has the poorest most inconsistent refs I've ever seen. I've seen one good ref performance so far and that was that ex player we had in the Watford game. Yesterday he lost control early on, he was so inconsistent and didn't know if he was coming or going. Linesmen don't seem to know who's throw in it was either most of the time. I mean how can you allow a rugby tackle on Mavididi or not give a card for it. Their guy threw him to the floor. Faes got wrestled to the floor in the box where the lino had full view and didn't get anything. He allowed so much time wasting it was embarrassing. He was poor for both sides. 

We were terrible and it wasn't the main reason we lost, unlike Leeds game. But that was atrocious officiating. 

Only one he did get right was the mavididi one at the end, I'm sorry to say he dived. I was right in line with it. It was outside the box and the defender didn't really touch him. 

Training, training, training. They all need to got back to the classroom and start again. To be that incompetent and not to get pulled up on it is shocking. How many other jobs would you survive if you were that poor. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, eblair said:

Was it offside? Cos if it was we have been absolutely shegged. Nelson plays perfect line and we get ****ed

how tf we a convicted criminal is allowed to score against us as well

It’s obviously very tight but we are always asking for the benefit of the doubt to go to the attacker.  VAR might have disallowed it but it would have been one of those ‘offside by a toenail’ decisions so unless we want to go down that route we either need to charge the way we defend our accept the occasional mistake.  We lost yesterday because they came with a very limited game plan and executed it well, we seem to have lost (almost) all our confidence in the final third with nobody except Fatawu willing to take responsibility.

10 hours ago, smallpauldj said:

Hope the screenshot works. Says everything this. 

Screenshot_20240302_210208_Scores.jpg

nah nah nah how does the linesman get it so wrong there, the QPR man is clearly off; you can see why Enzo is getting so frustrated at the officials atm, last 3 league games we've truly been hit with some terrible decisions that have massively affected the game

not to mention so woeful decisions in the game against Bournemouth too,

i honestly dont know how anyone can defend some of the officials in this country atm; the standard has got to be the lowest ive ever seen it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I fail to believe there is a country this big on football where the refereeing is this consistently bad. We have to be pound for pound the worst there is.

It’s entirely possible, and bear with me here, that some of the refs are biased. I fail to believe that so many can be so inept.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I fail to believe there is a country this big on football where the refereeing is this consistently bad. We have to be pound for pound the worst there is.

There is a certain degree of English exceptionalism with the steadfast refusal to even consider match fixing/spot fixing as a possibility with some decisions that get handed out

• Like 1

I will never get my head around the fact that the whole stadium, managers, players, can all see these incorrect decisions like offsides, and yet the only 4 people who happen not to see it are the officials! The offside in particular where the lino was looking directly at the player! 

54 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

nah nah nah how does the linesman get it so wrong there, the QPR man is clearly off; you can see why Enzo is getting so frustrated at the officials atm, last 3 league games we've truly been hit with some terrible decisions that have massively affected the game

i honestly dont know how anyone can defend some of the officials in this country atm; the standard has got to be the lowest ive ever seen it. 

It's true but nobody, the fa, the Premier league, the efl, are doing anything about it. The officials just hide behind the PGMOL and nothing ever gets done other than some prem refs get demoted when they have a bad game. You're a shit ref so go and ref in the championship as nobody cares if you're a shit ref down there. We all know though that the powers that be don't give a fck so long as there is money coming in 

• Like 1

For the majority of the season I've enjoyed the absence of VAR and being able to celebrate the goals without that niggling doubt. But recently we've been on the end of some really bad ones. Not to excuse our performances but they make a hell of a difference 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If the officials weren’t so poor so often and actually got things right, this thread wouldn’t need to be this long 👍🏻

If we could finish games off you wouldn't care about the officiating. People are only crying in here becasue we're losing. Tough pill to swallow but doesn't make it any less true. 

Every team in this league says the officals are shit. If they're equally shit for eveyone no one's gaining or losing anything. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

For the majority of the season I've enjoyed the absence of VAR and being able to celebrate the goals without that niggling doubt. But recently we've been on the end of some really bad ones. Not to excuse our performances but they make a hell of a difference 

thats what i mean when it comes to the 3 defeats we've had, every single one of them has had a decision and a massive one at that has effect the outcome in some way, dont get me wrong 2 of them said performances were so so

i know some will say its because we are losing...and no, i just want consistency, I'll say it now, some of the ref's we've had when weve won have been awful too, one of tuesday night was crap too, can recount least 2 bits where alex scott should have been booked before he did and then the pull on Fatawu by one of their defenders.

all fans want is consistency with decisions, and frankly there is none, atm it feels like they are overly dependent on VAR etc, no accountability either for mistakes that have effects on games either, and the punishment for refs in the prem.....championship football for a week, like whats the point

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

There is a certain degree of English exceptionalism with the steadfast refusal to even consider match fixing/spot fixing as a possibility with some decisions that get handed out

Agree. If I had a gun to my head I'd say that it's taken place in this country in the last five years.

Appreciate this is for discussion the refereeing decision but that screenshot is really damning for Hamza too. Get back into his full back position and it's a much more difficult chance.

8 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

I mean he isn’t CLEARLY off .. forgive me but that close at speed is very very difficult to give/not give .. I can see why it’s not given … I’d rather this than the abomination of VAR 

• Like 1