Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

25 Man Squad Named

45 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I find the whole 25-man squad thing weird - I get why they do it in time with the transfer window but technically, couldn't Smithies have played in one of our first 5 games and then been left out the squad. Wonder if there's any player in the league that's made an appearance in the league but now isn't officially part of their 25-man squad and now can't play.

I know they are getting paid but their reputation is diminishing by not being able to play so it seems like a restriction on trade.

46 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What a pointless signing Smithies was.

Not signing an actual goalkeeper to replace Kasper was one of the stupidest, costly decisions this club has made in years.

Given we have/had about a million goalkeepers at Under 21/23s level too, it's up there with one of the most daft signings going. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What a pointless signing Smithies was.

Not signing an actual goalkeeper to replace Kasper was one of the stupidest, costly decisions this club has made in years.

Iversen was no doubt a downgrade but still would've kept us up if Rodgers hadn't refused to drop Ward for two thirds of the season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I know they are getting paid but their reputation is diminishing by not being able to play so it seems like a restriction on trade.

Yeah, what does Smithies do now - I know he wasn't playing and wasn't expected to play effectively being 5th choice, but he can't move anywhere now either. 

Goalkeepers

Hermansen, Iversen, Stolarczyk, Ward

Defenders

Coady, Doyle, Faes, Justin, Ricardo, Souttar, Vestergaard

Midfielders

Casadei, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Praet, Winks

Wingers

Akgun, Albrighton, Fatawu, Mavididi, McAteer

Strikers

Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy

I feel like we're light at number 8 in terms of players that are technically gifted. I also think one injury to either Ricardo or Winks and we're ****ed (both spent large portions of last season injured).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.eflservices.co.uk/f9455bd0-4dac-11ee-8864-711544c578ce.pdf

In Squad

Yunus Akgun

Marc Albrighton

Cesare Casadei

Hamza Choudhury

Conor Coady

Patson Daka

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

Callum Doyle

Wout Faes

Mads Hermansen

Kelechi Iheanacho

Abdul Fatawu Issahaku

Daniel Iversen

James Justin

Stephy Mavididi

Kasey McAteer

Wilfred Ndidi

Ricardo Pereira

Dennis Praet

Harry Souttar

Jakub Stolarczyk

Jamie Vardy

Jannick Vestergaard

Danny Ward

Harry Winks

No space for Alex Smithies

Bugger me, Smithies must be shit!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Yeah, what does Smithies do now - I know he wasn't playing and wasn't expected to play effectively being 5th choice, but he can't move anywhere now either. 

he's currently injured, I'm sure he's mentoring the younger keepers as well in the U21s and below

7 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Goalkeepers

Hermansen, Iversen, Stolarczyk, Ward

Defenders

Coady, Doyle, Faes, Justin, Ricardo, Souttar, Vestergaard

Midfielders

Casadei, Choudhury, Dewsbury-Hall, Ndidi, Praet, Winks

Wingers

Akgun, Albrighton, Fatawu, Mavididi, McAteer

Strikers

Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy

I feel like we're light at number 8 in terms of players that are technically gifted. I also think one injury to either Ricardo or Winks and we're ****ed (both spent large portions of last season injured).

I couldn't agree more. They can't play 46 games either. So it's a high rish stragedy we're playing.  Praet has the abilty to play in there, just not the bottle for it. He's too hot and cold for my liking. That new lad AKgun I feel could do a job in there as could McAteer.

Hopfully injury doesn't happen and we stay strong as our style continues to develop under Enzo.

Well that was an anti-climax.  What happened to all the 'bloated squad' guff, the 'who's going to be left out' talk, the 'oh we need to sell the deadwood' chat?

Unless i've missed something everyone who anyone is in....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Well that was an anti-climax.  What happened to all the 'bloated squad' guff, the 'who's going to be left out' talk, the 'oh we need to sell the deadwood' chat?

Unless i've missed something everyone who anyone is in....

Was saying this all window. There was never going to be a problem 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Didn't know where to put this, but wtf is th9s abomination.

I feel quite confident on saying that cb pairing will NEVER play together at Leicester.😱🤯

Its like he played darts at the squad list.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/iheanacho-out-leicester-citys-strongest-xi-now-the-transfer-window-has-shut/#rw-kasey-mcateer

What do you expect from a site that has an article titled "The 7 Hardest Blackburn Players Of The Past 20 Years" lol

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Ever considered that goalkeepers are sometimes signed just for training purposes. For example 4no 6 v6 trading sessions requires four keepers

11 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I couldn't agree more. They can't play 46 games either. So it's a high rish stragedy we're playing.  Praet has the abilty to play in there, just not the bottle for it. He's too hot and cold for my liking. That new lad AKgun I feel could do a job in there as could McAteer.

Hopfully injury doesn't happen and we stay strong as our style continues to develop under Enzo.

Definitely an area that needs strengthening in January and hopefully we have kept funds available to strengthen a bit then compared to when we have neglected the January windows in previous years. So at this point, more a case of getting through until then.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Would be good to see Patson get a few games now, even if we have to pay another £5m.

Have we not learned before about putting money before results that’s what took us down to the Championship by not getting rid of Bodgers because it would cost a huge chunk of cash, now we have a quality player in Daka who will score for fun in this league and they’re worried about paying his £5m add on for playing another game or 2 ffs cost as a fortune to drop into the EFL and will give us a huge chunk if we get promoted at first time of asking ??!!

• Like 1