Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The Coady signing hasn't proved to be great business tbh. He brings leadership blah blah blah it's still significant outlay for a 30 year old with wank stats

If you compare Coady to an Evans for example, having someone like Coady at the club is such a positive. Somebody who brings energy to a room, somebody who will pick the young lads up after a defeat, somebody who sees the best in everyone. The key to the turnaround has been the attitude. The club did a great job in brining in a manager and experienced players who have the exact attitude that we've been lacking realistically since Wes started playing less and less. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Lionator said:

If you compare Coady to an Evans for example, having someone like Coady at the club is such a positive. Somebody who brings energy to a room, somebody who will pick the young lads up after a defeat, somebody who sees the best in everyone. The key to the turnaround has been the attitude. The club did a great job in brining in a manager and experienced players who have the exact attitude that we've been lacking realistically since Wes started playing less and less. 

Evans was a trash captain at West Brom and a trash captain here. Meanwhile Cody’s been talked up for his leadership abilities even while not in the first 11 and was doing the rounds with fans while his leg was in plaster. Vestergaard’s been playing well and Cody hasn’t complained. All of this is very welcome, a spirit that Rodgers drained out of the club over the course of years.

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure you can come to that conclusion after 13 games, of which he was injured for 5 and then had to get up to speed.  

With the rate Vesty is picking up yellows, he going to play games.

Let's be honest we all bemoaned the lack of leadership on and off the pitch last season. 

I said it hasn't proved to be great business - it hasn't. Could well prove to be but we don't know yet

Don't know why people bring up the fees of our players. Iheanacho and Ndidi were signed in 2017. 6 ****ing years ago. Daka signed in 2021. They go on about it as if we just purchased them. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Stoke City spent around £40 million in their first summer following relegation and finished deep in the bottom half. Sunderland suffered back to back relegation. Parachute payments are absolutely no guarantee of success. We are a rare case in that our squad should never have gone down. However, we still needed to appoint a manager who would change the mentality and give us a defined playing style. Answer this question, if we had stuck with Dean Smith or appointed Scott Parker, would we have won 12 out if 13 games? I don't believe for one second that we would.

Yep I get the complains off a Rotherham, Bristol City or Preston whom have never had a parachute payment. 

But clubs such as Sunderland or Stoke, nope. You have two seasons to use the payments and get it right. If you fail to take advantage don’t moan other clubs dealt with it better 

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

everyone else thinks he's some hard done to Saint. When he's actually a world class club destroyer

I imagine Susan Whelan was plenty excited about signing another "world class destroyer" just two years after Ndidi.

If only she'd read that CV a little more carefully.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kushiro said:

Fair comment - you were confident right through the run-in. I believe you.

The significance of your comment (and the others) is that had Spurs indeed won their last four, the race would've gone to the last day of the season,  

Yeah to be honest I was well off with that bit - that West Brom game I think was the biggest turning point, that was the night I think I knew beyond any doubt we had it.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Parachute payments get paid at the end of the season don't they?

Just another small club whining about our spend, whilst simultaneously desperately trying to get to the Prem where the problem is 10x worse. 

They get dished out at end of the season subject to the promoted teams staying up.