Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

After these last few days, I find it amazing the difference between the two teams

Leeds & Leicester different media outlets since season begin..

Leicester seem to have a more neutral balanced approach,everybody happy with situation,but by no means going OTT. No promising the world..Even Maresca leans

towards holding that awareness of the reality..

whereas..

Leeds, media outlets,seem to have that Need to chase the stars,recognition to prove they are the uncontested best,even the manager of middle mass success

chasing the proof to be creating a team of extenuating qualities and it’s his defining destination to ride and deliver the crest of the quest..

I don’t know what medical-term-syndrome you can put to it,buts like the wicked queen, constantly needed to be told by all & sundry plus the mirror,so suffering from

WE ARE THE FAIREST IN THE LAND—- Syndrome

I mean I could be cruel and put this on all within those born within the sound of the „bow-bells“ of Leeds…But travelling around and through the dells and having great working colleagues,I have met some Level headed,balanced People from the soul of Yorkshire,but even they have a tendency to have the need  to remind us all from where hence they come,and wear Tyke like an invisible badge of honour…

What are the symptoms of NPD?

People with NPD have a very exaggerated sense of their own importance. Key symptoms include:

• feelings of grandiosity (being superior)
  • fantasising about power, beauty, success and intelligence
  • exaggerating achievements and abilities
  • constantly seeking attention and admiration
  • inflated sense of entitlement
  • Will squeeze dry any thought of negative history by denying it ever happened
  • believing that others are envious of them
  • expecting constant praise and recognition for achievements
  • unrealistic goal setting

base rules for being given the honour of being able to work in Tykeland. 

Then some of our fans just can’t pull themselves out of the steep valley of pessimism 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

After these last few days, I find it amazing the difference between the two teams

Leeds & Leicester different media outlets since season begin..

Leicester seem to have a more neutral balanced approach,everybody happy with situation,but by no means going OTT. No promising the world..Even Maresca leans

towards holding that awareness of the reality..

whereas..

Leeds, media outlets,seem to have that Need to chase the stars,recognition to prove they are the uncontested best,even the manager of middle mass success

chasing the proof to be creating a team of extenuating qualities and it’s his defining destination to ride and deliver the crest of the quest..

I don’t know what medical-term-syndrome you can put to it,buts like the wicked queen, constantly needed to be told by all & sundry plus the mirror,so suffering from

WE ARE THE FAIREST IN THE LAND—- Syndrome

I mean I could be cruel and put this on all within those born within the sound of the „bow-bells“ of Leeds…But travelling around and through the dells and having great working colleagues,I have met some Level headed,balanced People from the soul of Yorkshire,but even they have a tendency to have the need  to remind us all from where hence they come,and wear Tyke like an invisible badge of honour…

What are the symptoms of NPD?

People with NPD have a very exaggerated sense of their own importance. Key symptoms include:

• feelings of grandiosity (being superior)
  • fantasising about power, beauty, success and intelligence
  • exaggerating achievements and abilities
  • constantly seeking attention and admiration
  • inflated sense of entitlement
  • Will squeeze dry any thought of negative history by denying it ever happened
  • believing that others are envious of them
  • expecting constant praise and recognition for achievements
  • unrealistic goal setting

base rules for being given the honour of being able to work in Tykeland. 

Then some of our fans just can’t pull themselves out of the steep valley of pessimism 

So what you're saying is - being a Leeds fan is a mental illness?

Explains a lot to be fair. lol

23 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

It really was Leeds cup final wasn’t it lol

Well nope and that makes you look a little like your grapes aren't the sweetest.

Seen a few things written about how we supposedly over-celebrated (who set the bar for that?).  Unsure if that's about the fans or the players.  If it's the fans, then that's badly misguided.  We're like that after every win that matters.  Some of the celebrations against nobodies in our promotion season trumped Fridays.  If it's about the players, well that's understandable.  We had a seriously turbulent start, ruined by want away players and the inability to make the signings we needed until we understood the position properly.  Since then, we've had solid automatic promotion form and a win away against the runaway league leaders would obviously be a big deal for those players, proving to themselves that we are as good as anyone now.  Why wouldn't they celebrate?

Saying it's our cup final seems to suggest we have some rivalry with Leicester or don't care about whatever else happens this season.  Neither is true, quite obviously.  The only reasons it mattered is because is made a statement, got 3 vital points in a promotion push and drew you in closer to us, even if it's only by a smidge.  11 points is certainly much better than the 17 it could have been.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well nope and that makes you look a little like your grapes aren't the sweetest.

Seen a few things written about how we supposedly over-celebrated (who set the bar for that?).  Unsure if that's about the fans or the players.  If it's the fans, then that's badly misguided.  We're like that after every win that matters.  Some of the celebrations against nobodies in our promotion season trumped Fridays.  If it's about the players, well that's understandable.  We had a seriously turbulent start, ruined by want away players and the inability to make the signings we needed until we understood the position properly.  Since then, we've had solid automatic promotion form and a win away against the runaway league leaders would obviously be a big deal for those players, proving to themselves that we are as good as anyone now.  Why wouldn't they celebrate?

Saying it's our cup final seems to suggest we have some rivalry with Leicester or don't care about whatever else happens this season.  Neither is true, quite obviously.  The only reasons it mattered is because is made a statement, got 3 vital points in a promotion push and drew you in closer to us, even if it's only by a smidge.  11 points is certainly much better than the 17 it could have been.

Anyone that thinks you over celebrated are conveniently forgetting our celebrations the week before away at QPR. Absolute nonsense.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Is this your first time on the internet? 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone that thinks you over celebrated are conveniently forgetting our celebrations the week before away at QPR. Absolute nonsense.

It just matters when you're fighting to get up.  One thing both our clubs know is how long you can end up in the lower leagues, if you miss the chance to return immediately.  The better players who stuck it out with you for an extra season go and all of a sudden, you've got a squad no better than most around you and the same slim prospects of promotion.  Fans and players alike are going to show that emotion, big time. 

You're pretty much assured of that already, we've got a big job on hands.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

More the social media side following the game. No issue with fans at the game or players. Hardly Arsenal in 2016 with the changing room photos!

And no, not sour grapes. I felt we had dropped our levels in our previous couple of games and said before the game I’d not be surprised to lose. Clearly frustrated that we put in one of our worst displays for a while and that we couldn’t have drawn to keep the 14 point lead over you. 

The social media side is OTT though and you’d think Leeds are the only side in the league going off some of it. I realise that is not necessarily representative of most of your fan base however 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

It just matters when you're fighting to get up.  One thing both our clubs know is how long you can end up in the lower leagues, if you miss the chance to return immediately.  The better players who stuck it out with you for an extra season go and all of a sudden, you've got a squad no better than most around you and the same slim prospects of promotion.  Fans and players alike are going to show that emotion, big time. 

You're pretty much assured of that already, we've got a big job on hands.

I think we might have a rocky patch at some point, might be about to stat so I'll never be comfortable we're home and hosed until much nearer to the end of the season. It's a brutal league.

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

More the social media side following the game. No issue with fans at the game or players. Hardly Arsenal in 2016 with the changing room photos!

And no, not sour grapes. I felt we had dropped our levels in our previous couple of games and said before the game I’d not be surprised to lose. Clearly frustrated that we put in one of our worst displays for a while and that we couldn’t have drawn to keep the 14 point lead over you. 

The social media side is OTT though and you’d think Leeds are the only side in the league going off some of it. I realise that is not necessarily representative of most of your fan base however 👍

Fair enough.  I'm not exposed to that.  Dragged myself away from active SM engagement years ago.  My mental health is better for it and it doesn't sound as if i'm missing out on a whole lot lol