Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah he's been phenomenal. Mentioned it quite a few times but the trio of Winks, Vestergaard and Hermansen are the biggest differences makers for me. They make us so hard to press its insane. 

Crazy to think they’re the three best passers in the side and one of them is a goalie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CleudoG said:

Think I’m going to have to move my season ticket, young lad behind me spends the best part of every game shouting about how useless Hermansen is and how he f*n hates him. Wish he’d read this.

That's 80% of the old folk round me. If you're limited to one bloke you've probably got the best seat in the ground tbf. 

40 minutes ago, Messi said:

Nice to hear Danny Ward still attends matches and sits in with the fans.

39 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That's 80% of the old folk round me. If you're limited to one bloke you've probably got the best seat in the ground tbf. 

Daniel Iversen, Ron-Robert Zieler and Conrad Logan too apparently.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

54 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

There is a certain trendiness - in some folks’ minds - in being a braying contrarian.

Hermansen, if sold now, would go for five times what we’ve bought him for. For that reason alone he’s brilliant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CleudoG said:

Think I’m going to have to move my season ticket, young lad behind me spends the best part of every game shouting about how useless Hermansen is and how he f*n hates him. Wish he’d read this.

I was at the Sunderland game and sat in the Kop and I was stunned how much criticism there was for Hermansen. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

There is a certain trendiness - in some folks’ minds - in being a braying contrarian.

Hermansen, if sold now, would go for five times what we’ve bought him for. For that reason alone he’s brilliant.

Even if Hermansen gets the ball at his feet in the first 5 seconds with no opposition withing 40 yards of him all I hear from behind is NOOOOOOO JUST KICK IT UP FOR GOODNESS SAKE STOP PLAYING AT THE BACK!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Surely this is meaningless data? 

It only really works as a total at the end of the year when everyone has done every away trip and even then you'd need caveats like if Plymouth play Sunderland mid week for example they're going to take less than if it was a weekend? 

It wants to be represented as % of allocation sold really. If Sunderland have been to, say, Leicester, Leeds and Wednesday away while Blackburn have been to Rotherham, QPR and Millwall then they're not going to have had the opportunity to take more by raw numbers purely by virtue of potential allocation? 

Yep, nonsense really until all clubs have been to all grounds