Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

In what way? It's specifically who had the best one-off season in each position in the last 10 years. It's not who is the best player in each position over the last 10 years. 

Which leftback has had a better one-off season than Fuchs in that timeframe? 

Off the top of my head, Andy Robertson. 19/20 he was truly phenomenal. He had 13 PL assists. Fuchs has never reached the heights Robertson has.

• Like 1

Am I the only person that gets upset when they role those formations out as a 4-4-2? 

Hardly any team uses that formation any more.

It would be a 4-2-3-1 and then you get a different midfield I’d imagine. 

• Like 1

There was an article in my local Malaysian Rag this weekend with the head line  - 'Are Girona going to do a Leicester?'   Interesting comparison.    

I suspect the La Liga Officials will have them over some how to stop this happening.

On 22/11/2023 at 08:32, Finnegan said:

We didn't though really did we let's be honest. 

Late to the party here but didn’t we? In defence we definitely generally set up in a 4-4-2 with a mid to low block. There was some flexibility in the system, Albrighton and Mahrez would sit narrow out of possession to close off passing lanes and force the opposition wide and we generally allowed crosses to come in as we knew we would more than likely win the ball, but if you look at a heat map it’s still basically a 4-4-2. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Jesus they're getting desperate.

The whole article revolves around Watford having the same plan to lob Mads against us. 

I've seen this comment about Mads being dodgy doing the rounds on some socials too. And it's bizarre because I think it was the best bit of business we did all summer. Can only assume people have seen the odd misplaced pass and made a judgement from that. Unless I've got blinkers on because we had Ward last season.

• Like 1