Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

58 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's impossible for them to have actually informed opinions on 24 clubs. I wish they wouldn't claim to.

Agree mate, it’s just silly and anything for a bit of content and exposure. Like I said, it’s simply stat peddling, I’d be very surprised if he made many fans top 3 performers in the first half of the season, even though his contributions in games have been really good, on the whole. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bert said:

They just peddle the stats. 

Thing is they don't even do that - they just sort of talk about something as if it's a stat, without backing it up with cold, hard data - they said 'it feels like KDH has been a match winner a lot for Leicester' 

It's true - but they could at least do their homework - like I do lol

image.png.b3b2491c61bb64e5f1aa369a3b317dc4.png

Edit: Correction - McAteer on 6, Ndidi on 0 - it was McAteer's goal that had us leading the Southampton game, not Ndidi's 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Our most consistent and important player has been Vestergaard, in my opinion. He is having significant positive impact at both ends of the pitch in every game more or less. Closely followed by Winks, who is less obviously impactful, but dictates games. I’d also put Hermansen up there for the impact he has on the way we play as well as his shot stopping. Our defensive record is very good.

KDH has been the deciding factor in some games, and looks a cut above at this level. His energy has been really key at times.

You'd have been committed if you'd made this shout last season but you're spot on. He's been brilliant this season and instrumental at both ends like you say. Well played Vesty.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Let's be honest, despite KDH still dividing opinion amongst fans, these are seriously impressive stats.

Yes they are absolutely. But ndidi and winks have also been brilliant this season. Winks has been our player of the season if you go by what most of the match watching fans say.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's impossible for them to have actually informed opinions on 24 clubs. I wish they wouldn't claim to.

It's the idea that you can have an informed opinion without actually watching something that annoys me more than anything tbh.

Winks, has been our player of the season, followed by Vestegaard and then KDH or even Faes.

Winks has been at 8/10 most games, if not 7/10. People forget there were still some question marks over Vestegaard performances in the first few games. KDH should have more goals and assists but his fitness is vital, hence the lateness of his goal contributions! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Winks, has been our player of the season, followed by Vestegaard and then KDH or even Faes.

Winks has been at 8/10 most games, if not 7/10. People forget there were still some question marks over Vestegaard performances in the first few games. KDH should have more goals and assists but his fitness is vital, hence the lateness of his goal contributions! 

I would throw Mads into that list too…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Thing is they don't even do that - they just sort of talk about something as if it's a stat, without backing it up with cold, hard data - they said 'it feels like KDH has been a match winner a lot for Leicester' 

It's true - but they could at least do their homework - like I do lol

image.png.b3b2491c61bb64e5f1aa369a3b317dc4.png

Edit: Correction - McAteer on 6, Ndidi on 0 - it was McAteer's goal that had us leading the Southampton game, not Ndidi's 

Sacred won't like seeing step over mavididi that high

2 hours ago, tylesta said:

Sacred won't like seeing step over mavididi that high

Like the OPPO you get irritated from his step overs, concentrate on that dislike, then miss out totally on  the great work he does & what he brings to the teams game... OPPO, players & some home fans are then hoodwinked, one might hold him often through the game, but he breaks through 2-3 times & a chance or assist is created. And often creates space for KdH, Winks or Ndidi.. Turning ripples occasionally into periods of waves. & an odd Tsumami. 

One of my favorite players.. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bert said:

Agree mate, it’s just silly and anything for a bit of content and exposure. Like I said, it’s simply stat peddling, I’d be very surprised if he made many fans top 3 performers in the first half of the season, even though his contributions in games have been really good, on the whole. 

I'd easily have KDH in my top three. 

Hermansen, Vestergaard and Winks are absolutely critical to what we do, they're imperious at beating the block at this level and we don't really have like for like replacements for any of them that could plug the gap. 

Stolarczyk is willing, Hamza has done OK and Coady isn't awful with his feet but it's very obviously a significant drop in our ability to play our when they come in. 

Meanwhile obviously we do have slightly more options in the middle if KDH isn't there. He's not quite priceless in the same regard. 

But we saw against Wednesday what happens when he's out of the team. I do think he's very undervalued by our own support. Not only is he incredible on paper, statistically, just with the old eye test you can see how much more presence we have in the middle of the park when he's there. Yeah he gives it away a bit and that's definitely something he'd have to improve on promotion but he also drives most of our best work in attack. 

Think my top three currently would be KDH, Winks and then I'd find it hard to pick one of Ricardo, Ndidi and Hermansen who are all excellent. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

84% chance of winning the league from this point seems way too high to me with Ipswich only 1 point behind?

Ipswich's stats are worse than their results, ours aren't. Also there might be some sort of ELO assumption which assumes we're a better team.

31 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

Ipswich's stats are worse than their results, ours aren't. Also there might be some sort of ELO assumption which assumes we're a better team.

Oh I appreciate that Ipswich have over performed compared to pretty much all their underlying stats but even so 84% is pretty crazy. 

1 hour ago, ThumbsUp said:

Is that true? It's from a few matchdays back, but Opta also had this analysis, which has us and them 'overperforming' by 8.3 and 9.2 points respectively. 

image.thumb.png.ffc07c91e8d77ea66dd5c1ebb8c0d65a.png

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Thanks 1