Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

8 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Taylor wasn’t near as dull as the 1-0 losses or 0-0s we seemed to get at home every week mid 00s. My memory of Taylor was we created quite a lot but missed (and conceded) loads of chances, particularly Akinbyi. Remember one Liverpool game we lost 4-1 but actually created loads with our £5.5m signing missing about four absolute sitters.

You’re probably right. The Taylor era wasn’t so much dull as tragic 

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Jesse Marsch has revealed Leeds' owners admitted to him in private that they sacked him too soon and he says he now regrets not taking the chance to become Leicester manager before Enzo Maresca's appointment.

What? Because he thinks he would have done just as good a job?

From what i've heard, the club pulled out after the fans went into melt down at the idea of him getting the job!

• Haha 1

Just seen an article that Ipswich and Leicester have made the best ever starts to a Championship season after 20 games. Surely that should read Leicester on 49 points have made the best ever and Ipswich have made the second best on 48 points.

East Anglian daily Times.:D

9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

DAILY TELEGRAPH

Jesse Marsch has revealed Leeds' owners admitted to him in private that they sacked him too soon and he says he now regrets not taking the chance to become Leicester manager before Enzo Maresca's appointment.

IMG_3847.thumb.jpeg.e6d714cee0c62b6a53098c7cc34c600f.jpeg

Doesn't mention regrets about not taking the Southampton job? Clearly thought he was too good and would walk into another top job somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Motty said:

He's making one unprovable statement and then doing the hindsight bit.

Both try to boost his ego.

He's an average manager. Who thinks he is a tactical wonder. 

Wasn’t it reported that we went for Enzo after we sacked Rodgers but he wanted to see out the season with man city, probably why we went for an interim manager which is the most we’d have offered him even if we did make an offer which there was no solid reports on, only that we talked to him. 

Has he got a job somewhere yet? Probably just trying to remind people that he’s still out there before the sacking season starts.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Wasn’t it reported that we went for Enzo after we sacked Rodgers but he wanted to see out the season with man city, probably why we went for an interim manager which is the most we’d have offered him even if we did make an offer which there was no solid reports on, only that we talked to him. 

It was Southampton who went for Enzo mid last season and got turned down. 

Percy said we were offering Marsch a 3 year deal

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/08/next-leicester-manager-jesse-marsch-appointed-head-coach/

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

Would he have done as well as Enzo so far? Almost certainly not.

Would we still be in the top 4 with Marsch in charge?

I’d probably put my mortgage on ‘Yes’.

I didn’t realise how big the gap between the top two leagues was now.

Our squad is made up of PL standard players. They are poor to average PL players in my opinion, but PL players all the same.

That translates to good/exceptional at this level…so it would take a very bad manager to struggle with this squad.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Our squad is made up of PL standard players. They are poor to average PL players in my opinion, but PL players all the same.

That translates to good/exceptional at this level…so it would take a very bad manager to struggle with this squad.

Does Marsh get the best out of Vestergaard and KDH? Does he manage to keep hold of Faes and Ndidi? Does he change the mentality of the club in such a short space of time?

I'd put my mortgage on 'No'.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Does Marsh get the best out of Vestergaard and KDH? Does he manage to keep hold of Faes and Ndidi? Does he change the mentality of the club in such a short space of time?

I'd put my mortgage on 'No'.

Definitely keeps hold of Faes and Ndidi - As nobody wanted them.

I’ll give you Vestergaard, but I think KDH does well for any manager at this level. Sure of it, actually.

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Has he got a job somewhere yet? Probably just trying to remind people that he’s still out there before the sacking season starts.

Yes reporting on euro football in Italy I Think

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

The big question is would he have kept us up.

Just now, davieG said:

The big question is would he have kept us up.

I think we were irreparably damaged by the time a new manager came in, not sacking Rodgers far earlier in the season doomed us, Brendan ideally should have been given the bullet after the Forest defeat away two seasons ago.

Can't turn back time though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

I think we were irreparably damaged by the time a new manager came in, not sacking Rodgers far earlier in the season doomed us, Brendan ideally should have been given the bullet after the Forest defeat away two seasons ago.

There were several points where Rodgers should have been given the boot.

I think the first time he spoke out against the fans and the board was warrant enough. Goodness knows what Top saw in him. The whole 'King Power were broke' schtick is tired, uninformed, and inaccurate. It won't have been with FFP in mind as we could have made savings and concessions at later points. The only thing I can attribute it to is a 20m vs 100m gamble which has backfired spectacularly.

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

I think we were irreparably damaged by the time a new manager came in, not sacking Rodgers  the season before doomed us, Brendan ideally should have been given the bullet after the Forest defeat away two seasons ago.

Fixed it for you