Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to see even some of our ex pros are finding this talk disrespectful.

The narrative around us changes every year from how well drilled and gelled the side was. To "the big 6 had off years".

There’s close to zero chance that they outgun Liverpool let alone Arsenal or Man City. Top four is well within their capability though. 

23 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

And if Spurs had won the league for first time in 55 years nobody would have suggested that all of Man U  Man C, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool were all rubbish that year.

but all the big clubs did have an average season though ?

I dont mind, but that is true ?

edited to add - we were the best team in that premier league season. read that again. still pinching myself.

Edited by ParkerPen

On 20/12/2023 at 11:39, Aus Fox said:

I’d say it goes back further, the last 30 odd years, I can’t think of many seasons we haven’t either been challenging for something or fighting to stay up. Relegations, promotions, cup runs… more trips to Wembley than many clubs have ever seen.

A few highlights since 1990:

Tony James 1-0

Speedie dived

Come back against Swindon to lose it again

Silence of the rams

relegation 

This could be the winner from Claridge… 

Coca Cola cup winners

Back in Europe - bent ref

Wembley tears 

Wembley winners - last old Wembley league cup winners

Back in Europe

Relegation 

Administration and promotion

Relegation 

04 - 07 meh nothing 

relegation 

Champions of League One

Kermorgant chipped it

Svens revaluation begins

Nigel’s back - Deeney  day

Champions of the championship

The great escape 

Champions of England

Champions League qf

17-18 Puel meh… two cup quarter finals

18:19 another quarter final - meh

challenging for a Champions League spot again!

Missed out on CL on the final day - again!

FA Cup Winners

Community Shield Winners, European Semi

Relegation 

????

Other than the 2004 - 2007 years, it’s been one hell of a roller coaster, with something happening every season since 1990

Compare that to, say, Everton...

Always said that we were the most mental club in the country to support. Last few years have made me question it with the drop off of atmosphere- I don't think you can claim to be a proper rollercoaster club without the fans being on board, it just feels more like something that's playing out in front of you.

30 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

edited to add - we were the best team in that premier league season. read that again. still pinching myself.

The only thing that matters is that the best team won it. No ah but so and so was off that season.  Yes I still pinch myself it was us 

23 hours ago, notnow john said:

“From what I heard” it’s a load of bollox

Um, everything we know about the workings of the club is hearsay - if we dismiss any opinion that isn't based on fact it would be a pretty quiet forum.

- i'm not swearing it's accurate just summarising the impression i get from the various sources that have commented on that situation.

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting to see even some of our ex pros are finding this talk disrespectful.

The narrative around us changes every year from how well drilled and gelled the side was. To "the big 6 had off years".

Well, it's also disrespectful to villa - they've built a top 6 (admittedly in a rather weak season) team, we did footballing alchemy with what was effectively a championship side (plus a couple of top players).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The fact he wasn’t even clear on who the Chelsea manager was demonstrates he was talking out of his bum…

This claptrap defines lazy journalism…. His little speech only convinced himself, not anyone with even half a brain 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

you could say the same when liverpool won in 2020. no team came near them. you could argue that they got near on 100 points because the whole league was shit 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

We are are always will be the only team to ever win the Premier league without completely buying it.

Organic and delicious.

Would argue that United in the very early PL days might argue otherwise although they always had a financial advantage. 

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Would argue that United in the very early PL days might argue otherwise although they always had a financial advantage. 

Oh yeah. I admit I forgot about how poor Manchester United used to be...only able to break the British transfer record in pretty much every decade since the 60s

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wolfox said:

The fact he wasn’t even clear on who the Chelsea manager was demonstrates he was talking out of his bum…

This claptrap defines lazy journalism…. His little speech only convinced himself, not anyone with even half a brain 

If they can do it in “Dallas”. !!:dunno:

We will all wake up in the shower,with TV running in the Background..

walk back into the bedroom,just finished a Brazil sandwich,with 2 grandmas

kane opens door to adjoining bedroom with Pot in hand plus 2 trophies combing their hair on the dressing table,admiring PL trophy after  Leicester fall off the last game cliff,by losing 1-3 to Everton,and Bocelli & Pocchetino together outside in the corridor singing…”Don’t laugh at me because I am a fool »

R. Riley checking out’remarking how sweet Nott’gham Forest are…

And remains of Noel Cantwell had just been found in Steptoes parking lot and not those that had earlier  humerously to been thought of has Richard III with straight back where Shakespeares & history  had honoured him by depicting a lion falling of a cliff,with A Moors-Mahrez character caught fleeing from airport to a KP youth  academy support centre..

In the foyer a great Tapestry of Leicester Market, with a couple of stalls with Lineker name boards hanging over those stalls giving out free apples and sauer grapes

While selling  100s of packets of Tempo..

OHhh woe are we…!!! 
IT REALLY WAS A FKING DREAM…

To all you snowflake weak-kneed LCFC/FOXES wombles,stand proud fking PROUD,

don’t let these controversies ,denials or trolling envious claptrap punditry get to you.

It YOU, and your crying moans,that are giving them reference & reverence..

After 38 games and it was our very own

travellers,gypsies tramps thieves and scoundrels that stole and lifted the treasures

driving from under the sails of those snot-nose,better-doers,riders of indescribable-financial wrecks-of-the-line….And we hurt them so much they go around shoving

their pennies of shite decades after this honourable bunch of nobodies walks even today casting shadows of fear,by still persecuting our least payed player then non but a babe Mr Choudhury not being able themselves to recreate or clone,

That spirit,fight and character within a whole club…unfortunately we clumsily,dropped and broke the bottle containing that special air…

strangly enough our laboratories  have again,but much better Technician and wise but humble group of Italians and sorts,who have found the enhancement finding

again such travellers,gypsies,tramps,younger Thievy dodgers,but with a new found

Mind boggling system. This time concocting a mixed chemistry system that takes

not only US,but other followers into an uncharted potential for the future,it’s self creating and protecting,where before seen weaker elements have also found their place,reallocated distribution of rescource is being proven to again competently

rekindle forelorn past rescources. Adding recreating also an old bombastic previously lost technic that flaunts opposition weakness on the flanks.?

The English- Italian job has been totally newly recreated,with a great mix of travelling unknowns,and young fresh seedlings.

But due to that earnt title,they also stand proud on that historical past Achievement.

Let the outsider forage through THEIR past shortcomings, be proud we Nobodies,

blew them into years of dissray,

themselves more interested in the conspiracy of given and taken fortunes of presented luck.

poor Darlings..!!

On 22/12/2023 at 21:46, ParkerPen said:

Yes they did have an off season.The fact that the nearest rivals were Spurs and a very fragile Arsenal proves this.Manchester City practically gave up around the time we beat them.KDB got injured and the manager was told his services weren’t going to be needed the next season.Very odd.

On 22/12/2023 at 23:32, Lillehamring said:

Well, it's also disrespectful to villa - they've built a top 6 (admittedly in a rather weak season) team, we did footballing alchemy with what was effectively a championship side (plus a couple of top players).

😂 are you serious? Which 2 were your non championship players? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've mentioned this before on here, but I remember seeing Lawro on Football Focus, during 2015/16 with his diffident arrogance, and I think the season was well past Christmas. There was a discussion about who would win the league, and when Dan Walker (I think) asked him if Leicester could do it, he said no. A fair enough opinion, but when asked 'why not?', he simply dismissed the question by saying "Because they can't - they won't'", as if that was any sort of explanation for his point of view. He wasn't challenged on it, and I never took anything he said seriously after that - I would imagine a fair few of you were ahead of me in that regard.

IMG_2335.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've mentioned this before on here, but I remember seeing Lawro on Football Focus, during 2015/16 with his diffident arrogance, and I think the season was well past Christmas. There was a discussion about who would win the league, and when Dan Walker (I think) asked him if Leicester could do it, he said no. A fair enough opinion, but when asked 'why not?', he simply dismissed the question by saying "Because they can't - they won't'", as if that was any sort of explanation for his point of view. He wasn't challenged on it, and I never took anything he said seriously after that - I would imagine a fair few of you were ahead of me in that regard.

And on the other hand I can remember Alex Ferguson calling it quite early when he said we’d win the league. He also called that villa would have a good season after getting stuffed by newcastle on the opening day. One knows his stuff, the other doesn’t. 

• Like 2