Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's stark, isn't it? 

We've elevated away from the West Brom / Middlesbrough / Norwich type perception to a whisker away to a West Ham / Newcastle / Leeds / Villa level. 

Add Gary Lineker, bless him, who also still thinks we are punching and as such makes constant self deprecating remarks - well meant modesty, I guess - but bad for business. 

lineker does what's best for him. he doesn't give two hoots about us unless it makes him look good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KFS said:

It’s mad how ****ing depressing half of 2023 was because of that **** Rodgers and having a squad of overpaid fancy dans who couldn’t care less.

If Enzo and his team play this right, they have the potential to be legendary to the fans of this club. I’d have absolutely taken this outcome if you’d have assured me of it back in January this year. 

I’m simply back in love with my club again. 

Rob also said that he got to sit down with Enzo when he joined, first time he has done so since Claudio. Rodgers really was a twat. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rob also said that he got to sit down with Enzo when he joined, first time he has done so since Claudio. Rodgers really was a twat. lol

Hate how we haven’t got an anti-Rodgers song. Would it even get an airing?? 

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's stark, isn't it? 

We've elevated away from the West Brom / Middlesbrough / Norwich type perception to a whisker away to a West Ham / Newcastle / Leeds / Villa level. 

I disagree to some extent, as I think ground size has a lot to do with perception of a club.

While we are stuck at 32,000, we'll still be in the former bracket. Another reason why getting on with the expansion is so important. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

That’s too cynical. He put money into the club when we went into administration and he is genuinely attached to the club. 

Yeah, I agree. 

His overall schtick is self deprecating and the gentle ribbing he gives his co hosts on motd, all part of his style..

It's just that, in City's case, his overly modest, overly grateful style doesn't do us any favours and reinforces the old Leicester perception 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i dont remember him ever saying we are a championship club. he has said yo-yo club a few times tho

Which is historically fair even though we were in the PL for 9 years and won stuff.

We would have to spend some serious time in the PL to shake that.

Edited by ajthefox

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, I agree. 

His overall schtick is self deprecating and the gentle ribbing he gives his co hosts on motd, all part of his style..

It's just that, in City's case, his overly modest, overly grateful style doesn't do us any favours and reinforces the old Leicester perception 

He's just so desperate to be liked and really is getting on my tits, tbh. 

3 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Which is historically fair even though we were in the PL for 9 years and won stuff.

We would have to spend some serious time in the PL to shake that.

We are currently placed at 14th in the all time Premier League table. 

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

He's just so desperate to be liked and really is getting on my tits, tbh. 

We are currently placed at 14th in the all time Premier League table. 

We’ve played in 17 out of 31 PL seasons since 1992

That’s a better record than the vast majority of clubs in England 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yeah, I agree. 

I know what you mean but he gives us a high profile and on balance I think that helps

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We’ve played in 17 out of 31 PL seasons since 1992

That’s a better record than the vast majority of clubs in England 

That’s not a particularly high bar when there are probably more than 40,000 registered football clubs in England 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I watched a couple of vlogs from opposition fans when they played us earlier this season and the way they treated us was hilarious to me. It really hit me that we have changed as a club. There was one in particular, a Hull fan who was in awe about the fact they were playing us (which is funny as we've seen it many a time) and when they won it was like they'd beaten a top side.

We need to embrace this and we can have success again. We're a bigger club than a lot of our fans think we are.

I'm not suggesting that we're too big to be in this league but we're a premier league club in all but name. Our stadium (especially with the expansion on the horizon) is premier league standard. Our fanbase in terms of size is premier league standard. Our training ground is comfortably top half premier league standard and we have a handful of players that are premier league and others that are potentially premier league standard. Additionally, in recent years only five of the top six clubs have won more major trophies than us.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Palace have spent 10+ consecutive years in the Premier League and if they got relegated nobody down here would see them as a big club. 

Because we've actually achieved something and have had world class players, we're seen in a different light. Younger fans of Championship clubs perceive us a big deal. A 22 year old Birmingham City fan only know us as a top PL club.

Mad that 👍

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Club legend he maybe, awful person in reality. 

I can attest to that. 

For all that "Mr Nice guy" image that was banded around years ago, I can tell you from personal experience and that of some of my colleagues it is as far from the truth as is possible.

• Like 1