Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

I'm hard left leaning but I understand why people dislike Lineker politically. But let this be another reason legends and people's hereos shouldn't go hard in on politics. Le Tissier is Southampton greatest of all time but I personally know several Saints fans who are completely turned off by him now and can't stand him. I hope we never get ro hear about Jamie Vardy's political opinions, I don't wanna start hating the guy. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm hard left leaning but I understand why people dislike Lineker politically. But let this be another reason legends and people's hereos shouldn't go hard in on politics. Le Tissier is Southampton greatest of all time but I personally know several Saints fans who are completely turned off by him now and can't stand him. I hope we never get ro hear about Jamie Vardy's political opinions, I don't wanna start hating the guy. 

I genuinely can't see JV ever wading in on political things.

I could see his wife staying quiet about the judicial system too.........Oh hang on! 

5 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

I’m surprised Vardy has not been more seen as a pundit etc, imagine it wouldn’t be boring but you just never know.

Think I've only ever seen him once in the media/tv when he's not playing/played and that was in a A League Of Their Own.

Be very interesting to see how he comes over when he's hung up his boots for good.

Could see him going more into media work as opposed to coaching/managing. 

Is his V9 academy still going?

Edited by ElusiveEd

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Nothing to do with his public position on politics. Which I doubt he truly believes what he tweets anyway. 

46 minutes ago, CH1_Fox said:

Ditto. Never been anything other than perfectly pleasant on the couple of occasions I’ve met him 

I'm glad to hear it. Though I've read many people describe him as rude or standoffish in the past, which I find hard to visualise. 

I wonder if it depends on how people approach him? Maybe interrupting for a selfie whilst he's having a nice meal brings a different response to a polite 'hello gary'' on a chance meeting out and about

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElusiveEd said:

Think I've only ever seen him once in the media/tv when he's not playing/played and that was in a A League Of Their Own.

Be very interesting to see how he comes over when he's hung up his boots for good.

Could see him going more into media work as opposed to coaching/managing. 

Is his V9 academy still going?

No…

However, due to a lack of financial support, the academy will not be setting up a five-day camp this year. Vardy has fronted the costs of the first two camps, but wants additional investment in the long run.

also his investment in USA soccer went south….

Jamie Vardy's part-owned MLS Next Pro side Rochester N.Y. FC have decided to curtail operations after an agreement with a new investor "fell through."

• Like 1

With his constant coming back from attack to midfield and defence we can resurrect an oldie from Walshys  days for Abdul !

He’s Here He’s there he’s Everyfooking Where Fatawooooooo. Fatawoooooo

He’s here he’s there He’s every Fooking where he’s our Abdul Fatawooooo

Fatawooooo

Fatawooooo

Fatawooooo

15 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

No…

However, due to a lack of financial support, the academy will not be setting up a five-day camp this year. Vardy has fronted the costs of the first two camps, but wants additional investment in the long run.

also his investment in USA soccer went south….

Jamie Vardy's part-owned MLS Next Pro side Rochester N.Y. FC have decided to curtail operations after an agreement with a new investor "fell through."

Such a shame his investment went south maybe he’ll concentrate on his academy maybe plug for another sky documentary or two?

V9 academy was nothing more than a chance for his agent to make a bob or two off getting players without representation pro clubs. John Morris ain’t half made some money off the fella. Especially considering number of people he represents related to LCFC

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

He would be a better manager than Wayne Rooney

If Rooney was the chief cop of the Scream movies and was sent a video log by GhostFace with a ton of evidence and was actually present during a murder spree he would still end up empty handed wondering what was going on and he would still make a better investigator than football manager.:thumbup:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Have fans forgotten that rodgers took us around europe multiple times, and brought us silverware. Yes, he should of gone earlier last season, but show him some respect. He’s done a lot for the club. 

Also done some serious damage to the club as well

• Like 1