Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

9 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’ve said before: deserves to be in the conversation about our best ever managers. Unfortunately he also should be in the conversation about our worst ever manager.

Personally I'd prefer him not to be in the conversation at all any more!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, davieG said:

On reflection did Rodgers downfall start when Toure left? :ph34r:

Can't remember when he left, but I do remember consistently saying that he was absolutely stealing a living as our defensive coach lol so probably not. 

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Can't remember when he left, but I do remember consistently saying that he was absolutely stealing a living as our defensive coach lol so probably not. 

He was never our defensive coach. Been done and said multiple times on here 👀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because the legacy has to be positive. He left the club in a worse shape than he found it, and our rapid decline was the most shocking of any team in PL history. So it's understandable that some fans can't stomach such fond memories of him.

I loved the first few years and in time I'll be able to gain something more than I can now but it will very much depend on how we bounce back. 

Absolutely this. To say we as a fan-base should just be grateful for the cup successes and ignore the abysmal decline and everything that surrounded it is ludicrous.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because the legacy has to be positive. He left the club in a worse shape than he found it, and our rapid decline was the most shocking of any team in PL history. So it's understandable that some fans can't stomach such fond memories of him.

I loved the first few years and in time I'll be able to gain something more than I can now but it will very much depend on how we bounce back. 

I'd agrue it was the clubs fault, most manager had a shelf life of 2.5 years.

They should have moved him on summer after we finish 8th, there was enough indicators that he'd had enough and it had gone stale.

• Like 1

When we started last season so badly, Rodgers had to go.  After three games.  Then after 4 games etc.  Until game 8.  Then he had to go after the World Cup.  The decline was painful.

But he is a legend.  The FA Cup win.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Have fans forgotten that rodgers took us around europe multiple times, and brought us silverware. Yes, he should of gone earlier last season, but show him some respect. He’s done a lot for the club. 

😂

Brilliant trolling. Well done. 

4 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I don’t know… see I think Rodgers lasting legacy amongst fans (or the lack of it) may ultimately come down to a lack of class.

For comparison, consider Ranieri who will never be forgotten and always be fondly remembered, because ultimately the guy is genuine and a class above.

Rodgers on the other hand has always had that used car salesman / estate agent type feel in terms of personality.

In fact when you look at other much loved managers in our history - the likes of O’Neill, Adams, Pearson - many not half as successful, you can start to understand this more. 

Perhaps the irony is that despite his love of his teams having this particular characteristic, Rodgers himself is severely lacking in character - making him a difficult person to warm to, which will always have an impact on how people judge his level of success.

Could not have explained it any better than this myself. :appl:

20 hours ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

Have fans forgotten that rodgers took us around europe multiple times, and brought us silverware. Yes, he should of gone earlier last season, but show him some respect. He’s done a lot for the club. 

Too right, look at the work he did in order to allow us to have this season we're having!

I'm sure he realises this and is standing back admiring his work.

Credit where credit's due.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I don’t know… see I think Rodgers lasting legacy amongst fans (or the lack of it) may ultimately come down to a lack of class.

Err, he wore a Gucci belt don’t you know!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

That's forgetting the fact that two of those European finishes happened after two of the worst bottles in our club's history. 14 points we had on 5th place Man United in 19/20 with around 13 games to go and we collapsed spectacularly. The real test of a manager is how they respond to when things go pear shaped and Rodgers failed in that regard. Look at the gap to Southampton and imagine us finishing below them at the end of the season (if the season only had 12 games left), that's how bad it was.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Rodgers is an embarrassment. I have never felt so detached from the club as I did when this idiot was in charge. 

I stopped watching for months. Couldn't even enjoy it when we scored a goal as there was only the sinking feeling that we wouldn't hold on to it. Still traumatised from that Spurs game. 

• Like 1