Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

I stopped watching for months. Couldn't even enjoy it when we scored a goal as there was only the sinking feeling that we wouldn't hold on to it. Still traumatised from that Spurs game. 

Yeah I have a season ticket but didn’t bother for a few games which is mad 

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Just went back and looked. Absolute dire. 5 straight defeats to Newcastle, Liverpool,  Fulham, Newcastle again & Notts Forest. We then draw to Brighton and lose to Aston Villa. Our only real win post Christmas was the 4-1 against Spurs. We had 1 victory in 4 months. The second win came in late April against Wolves. 

Absolute dereliction of duties by the club. Quite disgraceful that he stayed in the job for that long.

We won at villa 

that and the spurs result kept him in his job 

It's funny, in my time following the club the only managers that I could say undoubtedly left us in a better place than they found us were O'Neil, Pearson and dare I say it, Puel. Despite us nearly going down I'd argue Ranieri belongs in that category too because he undoubtedly raised the profile and grew the stature of the club. 

• Like 3

On 31/12/2023 at 11:11, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Don’t agree with you at all on Lineker, he clearly supports us, as a fan and financially when times were tough.

Love him or hate him, he’s a Leicester legend. 

i mean i've got receipts on that...but go ahead

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

It's funny, in my time following the club the only managers that I could say undoubtedly left us in a better place than they found us were O'Neil, Pearson and dare I say it, Puel. Despite us nearly going down I'd argue Ranieri belongs in that category too because he undoubtedly raised the profile and grew the stature of the club. 

Puel looks better because he was axed at the right time

3-4 months later and he’d have looked a lot worse

12 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

****s sake stop doing this to yourselves, he’s gone, we have a new manager and a new team, let it go and move on.

Everyone trying to outdo each other with how much they loath him and when they first knew he should go.

It ain’t healthy.

:appl:

50 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Puel looks better because he was axed at the right time

3-4 months later and he’d have looked a lot worse

Feel like every managerial change came at the right time before Rodgers. Pearson rebuilding for promotion. Ranieri steering us to the title. Shakespeare steadying the ship and keeping us up. Puel establishing us in the league. 

Rodgers was a good appointment to build us into a side that could qualify for Europe and ultimately lead us to the cup win. But where our hierarchy was so proactive in the past, we bucked the trend and failed to make a change when things went stale.

The signs are good for Enzo so far but the Prem will be a big step up. With any success it'll attract attention from other clubs to poach though as well

Edited by HybridFox

Guest glasgowfox

Rodgers is a money grabbing fraud. First 18 months or so played some great football and very impressed. However, once he got found out there was no plan b.  He imo intentionally got himself sacked to get a pay off and leave saying he won us the fa cup.  I now look at him and loathe him. When Leicester scored all he did was put a finger in the air then scribble a note on his pad....take a look at the celebration when celtic scored against rangers...he went bonkers, running and punching the air...he didn't even do that when we won the cup....

Edited by glasgowfox
Grammar

3 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Rodgers is a money grabbing fraud. First 18 months or so played some great football and very impressed. However, once he got found out there was no plan b.  He imo intentionally got himself sacked to get a pay off and leave saying he won us the fa cup.  I now look at him and loathe him. When Leicester scored all he did was put a finger in the air then scribble a note on his pad....take a look at the celebration when celtic scored against rangers...he went bonkers, running and punching the air...he didn't even do that when we won the cup....

That’s because he’s on thin ice up there now too. He needs this job else his reputation will take an even bigger hit 

19 hours ago, Lionator said:

The Rodgers thing always felt like a bubble waiting to burst even when we were doing well, did anyone else get that feeling? I guess the Bournemouth capitulation was the cause of that for me, but I was always uneasy under Brendan despite the early success. 

Not that he isn’t a good coach because his record indicates that he is a good football coach but he is utterly abysmal at the psychological side of things. 

Yep exactly this. It started even before Bournemouth for me. The manner of the Man City / Liverpool hammerings in December 2019 but worse than that, losing to that awful Villa side over two legs. To lose a semi final over two legs to a team we beat 8-1 on aggregate in the league points to a team with serious fragility. I believe this fragility was the foundation for our eventual total collapse.

As big a disgrace as Rodgers was for his last two seasons, the board are hugely at fault for not acting upon it. The 2022/23 Leicester season was like nothing I've seen. You see managers have maybe a month like it where he's mentally clocked out and knows it's over soon. We allowed this to pan out for over a year. It was the only possible way you could relegate that level of squad.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 2