Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

6 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

****s sake stop doing this to yourselves, he’s gone, we have a new manager and a new team, let it go and move on.

Everyone trying to outdo each other with how much they loath him and when they first knew he should go.

It ain’t healthy.

Very well said. I hope some of the posters dont take the same approach to others in their everyday life, its not healthy as you say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The problem with Rodgers was that he only cares about brand Rodgers. Anything and everything coming out of his mouth was self serving. If he’d not been like that and embraced some of the difficulties we faced with a different attitude, we’d never have got relegated.

100 per cent 

18 hours ago, MattFox said:

If he’d been binned off after the Forest Cup game (as he should have) he’d be remembered a lot more positively.

The last year was complete self destruction 

One million per cent agree he should of been sacked after the red shite cup debacle 

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

Isn't this supposed to be a thread about what other fans and the media are saying about us? It seems to have turned into the Brendan Rodgers thread. 

They meant to talk about us. 

Anyone else been listening to the NTT20 podcast? You can tell that George Elek just wants us out of this league lol all season it feels like anything positive he’s said about us has been through gritted teeth. Latest podcast said nothing remotely complimentary about us just that we’d played weak opposition. Which I guess is true, but can only beat who’s in front of you. The other guy always seems very fair though

Edited by Noahfence

On 01/01/2024 at 23:58, MattFox said:

Puel looks better because he was axed at the right time

3-4 months later and he’d have looked a lot worse

Also, worth mentioning that there are managers in my lifetime that would fall into that category had they left earlier. Micky Adams and Rob Kelly spring to mind. Both saved us from complete disaster but ultimately the club was a basket case at the time and neither spell ended well. 

16 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Most of these Championship podcasts sell the league as competitive, tough to get out of, "anything can happen" blah blah blah. 

We're pissing all over that so far and they don't like it.

Most like to sell us as either money bags or absolutely falling apart.

Anything to downplay what we're doing.

18 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Anyone else been listening to the NTT20 podcast? You can tell that George Elek just wants us out of this league lol all season it feels like anything positive he’s said about us has been through gritted teeth. Latest podcast said nothing remotely complimentary about us just that we’d played weak opposition. Which I guess is true, but can only beat who’s in front of you. The other guy always seems very fair though

The second tier podcast are the same. Cream themselves over the likes of Leeds and Ipswich but only wanna talk about the value of our players 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

The second tier podcast are the same. Cream themselves over the likes of Leeds and Ipswich but only wanna talk about the value of our players 

Elek banging on about how we haven’t played anyone decent not being funny but there’s probably 5 max good sides in the league. Who exactly does he think Southampton have been playing? They seem to play QPR & Rotherham on rotation 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
28 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Elek banging on about how we haven’t played anyone decent not being funny but there’s probably 5 max good sides in the league. Who exactly does he think Southampton have been playing? They seem to play QPR & Rotherham on rotation 

Haven't we just played media darlings Ipswich?

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Haven't we just played media darlings Ipswich?

He mentioned we’d played Ipswich and failed to win. Apparently drawing away at 2nd is now no longer a good result! I remember him saying at the start of the season something along the lines he couldn’t see what the plan/tactics were. He just has no time for us which I guess fair enough but it’s funny to listen to. 

44 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

And the irony is that every team around us has dropped points to utter dog shit in and around Christmas. Not our fault we steam roll the dross at this level.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Most of these Championship podcasts sell the league as competitive, tough to get out of, "anything can happen" blah blah blah. 

We're pissing all over that so far and they don't like it.

I wonder..if what we are doing ,any other team was doing,and we lingering 10-4th.

Would we be complimentary or a typical hairy-arsed football fan,who can’t see further than their  cynical need to also trash everything good.

How balanced are we over the season,across this forum…

When we go deep,it seems we are really a decent lot

,and will serve up decent plaudits across the opposition tables…

How high is that negative minority within us,

how high that niche of the quiet balanced majority..

I mean I am a crazy good for nothing,trying to hold those diverse waves of sanity among driving tides of negativity crashing and dispersing among the rocks.

Even when sometimes they froth over,with some very relevant points.

I prefer the nature of the beast, that football carries on its back ,that décidé our fortunes instead self-created agendas presumptions of fiction taking hold..

If Ipswich,Leeds,Southampton or Hull had found their own Enzo-character,and was ripping and doing the league one……How would this forum sell itself..!!??

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And the irony is that every team around us has dropped points to utter dog shit in and around Christmas. Not our fault we steam roll the dross at this level.

Just listened to it back incase I was being overly dramatic but the other guy asked is this the best Leicester have been all season and that we don’t look as vulnerable as we did earlier in the season. Elek goes straight into how we’ve basically just played rubbish teams lol 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

He mentioned we’d played Ipswich and failed to win. Apparently drawing away at 2nd is now no longer a good result! I remember him saying at the start of the season something along the lines he couldn’t see what the plan/tactics were. He just has no time for us which I guess fair enough but it’s funny to listen to. 

The thing is that you don’t win any league by beating the best teams in one off games. You win titles by beating everyone else week in/week out. That’s where the “Stoke City away on a cold winter night” analogy came from. 

Top of the table clashes will be hyped up at the time, but ultimately it’s just another 3 points. Strangely enough the exact same points total we got for beating Rotherham 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Just listened to it back incase I was being overly dramatic but the other guy asked is this the best Leicester have been all season and that we don’t look as vulnerable as we did earlier in the season. Elek goes straight into how we’ve basically just played rubbish teams lol 

I didn't realise we played different teams to the rest of the division!

Bloke's a bellend - end of.

• Like 1