Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

Guest Kopfkino
4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly one of the worst opinion pieces I've seen. In the past decade we've won the championship, the Prem, the FA cup, the community shield and been on 3 European tours.

You're telling me they'd not swap that for promotion from leagues one and two? 

95% of their stadium was empty for all of the years they've suggested were better.

But don’t forget they got to see their team play at Adams Park, The New Lawn and Gresty Road.

That surely beats seeing your team play at the Stadio Olímpico, the Vicente Calderon and the Diego Armando Maradona, no?

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

But don’t forget they got to see their team play at Adams Park, The New Lawn and Gresty Road.

That surely beats seeing your team play at the Stadio Olímpico, the Vicente Calderon and the Diego Armando Maradona, no?

If we'd had a mundane decade, then I'd fully get it, watching your team rise from lower leagues can be a brilliant time. 

14 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

"I know that I, on a weekday night, will be in Port Vale, will be in Crewe........"

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly one of the worst opinion pieces I've seen. In the past decade we've won the championship, the Prem, the FA cup, the community shield and been on 3 European tours.

You're telling me they'd not swap that for promotion from leagues one and two? 

95% of their stadium was empty for all of the years they've suggested were better.

It's not "an opinion piece" it's a post from an extremely biased Coventry fan in denial whose head we live in for free whilst most of our fanbase haven't given Coventry a second thought in the decade in question. 

Who gives a shit. I know this thread gets weirdly desperately needy vibes a lot but if we bothered ourselves with the opinions of every single fan of other clubs on the internet it's all we'd ever post. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

One of the most insane things I’m sure I will read all year and evidence that democracy, at least when it includes Coventry, is questionable. Like even if you accept our home atmosphere is crap now, this fella will never have experienced an atmosphere like Sevilla at home. I really hope we don’t return to this league anytime soon (not that we were meant to anyway), it’s so ****ing small time.

“It sounds crazy, but I genuinely would not swap our last 10 years for theirs. The League Two and League One promotion seasons were the most enjoyable I've had following this club ever*. Got to visit so many grounds we'd have otherwise never had the chance to. In that time our home and away support has grown massively. We get praise wherever we travel and I've lost count of the amount of fans who have said our home support is the best they've seen for many years. 

Compare that to Leicester's sterilised day-tripping happy clappy shit fans. 95% of their stadium was mute at their place earlier this season until they piped up for 5 minutes after their second. No thanks.

*Obviously 90% of this forum were not here back then, so you'll have to trust me on this.”

Cov are buzzing as last season was the best finish they've had (5th in the Championship) is the highest they've finished in 22 years... probably since that person was born.

Levels, isn't it? This is the worst finish in a decade or more for us, and we're top. :D

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

One of the most insane things I’m sure I will read all year and evidence that democracy, at least when it includes Coventry, is questionable. Like even if you accept our home atmosphere is crap now, this fella will never have experienced an atmosphere like Sevilla at home. I really hope we don’t return to this league anytime soon (not that we were meant to anyway), it’s so ****ing small time.

“It sounds crazy, but I genuinely would not swap our last 10 years for theirs. The League Two and League One promotion seasons were the most enjoyable I've had following this club ever*. Got to visit so many grounds we'd have otherwise never had the chance to. In that time our home and away support has grown massively. We get praise wherever we travel and I've lost count of the amount of fans who have said our home support is the best they've seen for many years. 

Compare that to Leicester's sterilised day-tripping happy clappy shit fans. 95% of their stadium was mute at their place earlier this season until they piped up for 5 minutes after their second. No thanks.

*Obviously 90% of this forum were not here back then, so you'll have to trust me on this.”

To be fair he's got one thing right, it does sound crazy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

To be fair he's got one thing right, it does sound crazy.

They’re a tinpot club that have tried to stoke up a rivalry with a club that couldn’t care less about them; they used to say that “some clubs will never win it” - meaning us.  They got that wrong 😂😂😂

It’s not really been thought through with any sort of intelligence. Our last 10 years history has arguably been the most remarkable of any team in world football. I don’t think that’s an overstatement 

One thing he is correct about, however, is that success does bring a lot of fair weather fans and a sh1t atmosphere along with it. I’d much rather have the Filbert Street atmosphere when we were shite.

I wouldn’t, however, sacrifice the PL trophy, FA Cup trophy and European games for a return to the previous atmosphere. It’s just a shame it couldn’t be combined with the success and profile the last 10 years have brought.

9 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

"You'll never sing that!"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

So they'd rather play in League 2 and League One than win Championship, win the premier League, play in the champions League and Europa League and conference, win the FA Cup, win the charity Shield.... actually I get his point :facepalm:

Edited by fox_favourite

Leicester:

Premier League x 1

Championship x 7 (8 to break the record?)

League One x 1

FA Cup x 1

League Cup x 3

Community Shield x 2

Facebook 8.7 million followers

Coventry:

Championship x 1

League One x 2

FA Cup x 1

Johnstone's Paint Trophy x 1

Facebook 36k followers

Nothing more needs to be said really, Coventry aren't even close to being anywhere near our level, evidence supports this. We are easily one of the top 10 biggest clubs in England whereas Coventry just aren't.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Leicester:

Premier League x 1

Championship x 7 (8 to break the record?)

League One x 1

FA Cup x 1

League Cup x 3

Community Shield x 2

Facebook 8.7 million followers

Coventry:

Championship x 1

League One x 2

FA Cup x 1

Johnstone's Paint Trophy x 1

Facebook 36k followers

Nothing more needs to be said really, Coventry aren't even close to being anywhere near our level, evidence supports this. We are easily one of the top 10 biggest clubs in England whereas Coventry just aren't.

Massive

712FXcgAIlL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.webp

These lot are genuinely a bunch of ******! Some of them also adopted a London based rugby team for a period of time, and talked like they had been life long supporters of that club. They literally have nothing good going for them.

Looking forward to beating the inbreds, giving them a fine amount banter (abuse) and leaving the concrete jungle that is Cov and hopefully not returning for a good while.