Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Not usually a fan, but Saturday is definitely worthy of a “Champions of England, you’ll never sing that”. 

Always seems to take off against clubs who've actually won the thing, but never against ones who haven't. Our fans can be such weirdos sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Always seems to take off against clubs who've actually won the thing, but never against ones who haven't. Our fans can be such weirdos sometimes.

It's not even the words though.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Bit weird that Second Tier have posted that 

Its a bit weird that it ever happened to be honest lol

Nothing wrong with reminding people about embarassing stuff that clubs have done :D

41 minutes ago, KFS said:

I always find this complaint funny. The lyrics are ‘you’ll never sing that’ not ‘you’ve never sung that’, correct? Do you really see Everton or Blackburn winning the thing again in anyone’s lifetime? I certainly don’t. 

Who are the stupid fans, now?

Nobody thought Leicester would win the league in their lifetime.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

He's not referring to "Vichai had a dream". He's referring to times when we have literally sung "Champions of England, you'll never sing " at clubs that have won the league before including Everton and Blackburn, which is bizarre given that Everton have won the league 9 times and many people who sang it against Blackburn were alive when Blackburn last won the league. 

When was that last sung? Seriously. It was sung initially then changed to 'you made us sing that'....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nobody thought Leicester would win the league in their lifetime.

Nobody thought Leicester would win the league in their lifetime, you’ll never sing that 🎶 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

He's not referring to "Vichai had a dream". He's referring to times when we have literally sung "Champions of England, you'll never sing " at clubs that have won the league before including Everton and Blackburn, which is bizarre given that Everton have won the league 9 times and many people who sang it against Blackburn were alive when Blackburn last won the league. 

That was the biggest cringe at one of our football chants I've ever had I think when we started singing that at the Blackburn fans, it wasn't even that long ago...

1 hour ago, KFS said:

I always find this complaint funny. The lyrics are ‘you’ll never sing that’ not ‘you’ve never sung that’, correct? Do you really see Everton or Blackburn winning the thing again in anyone’s lifetime? I certainly don’t. 

Who are the stupid fans, now?

Us.

If you have to justify it by getting pedantic about what tense you're singing in, chances are that the chant isn't the brilliant wind-up you think it is.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Anyway too many chants these days about the opposition fans, not enough about our own team. I feel like that's a big shift from the late 90s early 2000s. The banterfication of football fandom. 

I notice this a lot with the bigger and more honoured clubs. You very rarely hear Liverpool or Manchester United fans singing about other teams.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Don't know why we don't just change the words to "Premier League Champions, you'll never sing that". Can sing it to all but 6 other clubs

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I notice this a lot with the bigger and more honoured clubs. You very rarely hear Liverpool or Manchester United fans singing about other teams.  

Man United away fans chant "you've only come to see Yanited" at home fans every game unless they are losing, so they are as guilty as anyone.

10 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Man United away fans chant "you've only come to see Yanited" at home fans every game unless they are losing, so they are as guilty as anyone.

What I mean is the very 'rent-a-chant' style unimaginative opposition chanting. Both Liverpool and Manchester United seem to spend more time singing historical songs about the club/players far much more than pretty much any other team. Same goes for Celtic and Rangers. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Hoping the travelling fans belt out the “YOUR CITY IS BLUE, JUST LIKE LEICESTER”

17 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Don't know why we don't just change the words to "Premier League Champions, you'll never sing that". Can sing it to all but 6 other clubs

One step further - add 2016 so we can sing it to anyone.

Edited by Trumpet
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I think they are the only two teams that don't do it. Perhaps Arsenal too. Go through past players much more than other clubs.

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I feel like 50% or more of our chants now are about other clubs or directed at the opposition fans. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1