Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

23 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Not sure if its been posted elsewhere, but this pic is from the Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup tie:

GDUqCQZXMAAMTVK?format=jpg&name=large

Need to send round one of the kids to ask "can we have our ball back please?" 

Shame it’s Lincoln’s ball. 

Apparently once they (and other teams in round 1/2) were knocked out; they send the balls onto the PL and Championship clubs 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Shame it’s Lincoln’s ball. 

Apparently once they (and other teams in round 1/2) were knocked out; they send the balls onto the PL and Championship clubs 

That is great knowledge. I never knew that! :worship:

11 hours ago, Golden Fox said:

Not sure if its been posted elsewhere, but this pic is from the Arsenal v Liverpool FA Cup tie:

GDUqCQZXMAAMTVK?format=jpg&name=large

Need to send round one of the kids to ask "can we have our ball back please?" 

I’d assumed it was from My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding :ph34r:

23 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Us.

If you have to justify it by getting pedantic about what tense you're singing in, chances are that the chant isn't the brilliant wind-up you think it is.

Anything to get twitter going. Doesn’t take much these days.

I started ‘you’ll never sing that’ at Brugge (H) a few years back for a laugh and people actually joined in lol 

• Haha 4

On 11/01/2024 at 12:30, bovril said:

Anyway too many chants these days about the opposition fans, not enough about our own team. I feel like that's a big shift from the late 90s early 2000s. The banterfication of football fandom. 

People are more concerned about 'looking cringe' at the football these days for there to be consistently good atmosphere in England. 

It’s funny how football suffers from recency bias. 

You could make strong cases for the title wins of Verona and Montpellier. Particularly Verona considering the strength of Serie A at the time but they don’t even get a footnote in that article. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ftfagos said:

Girona were 1000/1 to win the league before the start of the season. Five times more likely to win it than us.

Dwarf my arse.

Literally means nothing. Companies don't offer odds of 5000/1 any more since our miracle so using it as a comparison is just dumb. 

Why does everyone have to binary to you people? If Girona won it, it's a great achievement. It was a great achievement for us too when we won the Premier league. Both can be celebrated. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Adster said:

Literally means nothing. Companies don't offer odds of 5000/1 any more since our miracle so using it as a comparison is just dumb. 

Why does everyone have to binary to you people? If Girona won it, it's a great achievement. It was a great achievement for us too when we won the Premier league. Both can be celebrated. 

You seem to be missing the part where they said it would DWARF our achievement

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

You seem to be missing the part where they said it would DWARF our achievement

No. Why does everything have to be better/worse than other things? 

It's irrelevant. Stop letting everything get to you all and just enjoy the miracle if Girona do it. It doesn't have to be "better or worse" than ours.

• Like 2

You know what I hope Girona win la liga.

The best thing that our club did was prove to the world of football elites that ultimate success can be achieved in other ways without lots of money. We trail blazed a new path and if it inspires other like minded clubs to do the same we should support it. If they can match it (much tougher feat) than even better.

They still have to win remember and points wise they are neck & neck with the giant Madrid. As a foxes fan I’d love for our club and fans to reach out to Girona in solidarity not envy. Maybe even schedule a friendly this summer? Power to the underdogs!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, ThumbsUp said:

People have been rubbed the wrong way because the article said that their achievement would dwarf ours. The attitude you're complaining about us having is actually the attitude that the article has.  And it doesn't get to me at all, I was just reading the thread and thought I'd tell you that you were confused. 

Totally agree the dwarfing comment is others opinion. The club & manager are not saying anything about comparing to Leicester. They are quietly focusing on each by game. Sounds very familiar to me. Reminds me of a certain Claudio “ eh just 40 points eh” :yesyes:

1. You people care far, far, far too much about this shit. It's not about disrespecting us it's just about trying to make the story they're writing as dramatic and eye catching as possible. It's called hyperbole, people do it all the time. Stop being offended by it. 

2. That said, La Liga isn't what it was. If Girona had won it ten, fifteen years ago it would have been incredible but the whole league is struggling massively these days, the finances just aren't there and even Real and Barca have problems. It doesn't take a massive amount to close the gap and Girona are owned by the City Group lol

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Adster said:

Yes, I agree with this. There will be other stories that come along. We’re big enough to share the limelight. I’m just glad we’re in the conversation for something so positive. We have to also remember that we also wouldn’t have achieved it without Vichai’s investment. 

The downfall of it is that “dwarf” is so ridiculous a statement that it just detracts from any comparison that the author was trying to make 

• Like 1