Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

1. You people care far, far, far too much about this shit. It's not about disrespecting us it's just about trying to make the story they're writing as dramatic and eye catching as possible. It's called hyperbole, people do it all the time. Stop being offended by it. 

2. That said, La Liga isn't what it was. If Girona had won it ten, fifteen years ago it would have been incredible but the whole league is struggling massively these days, the finances just aren't there and even Real and Barca have problems. It doesn't take a massive amount to close the gap and Girona are owned by the City Group lol

That's pretty much what I said. Way too many people are precious about something and feel the need for something to be "better"/"worse" than something. 

People are way, way too binary and lack critical thinking these days. 

• Like 1

Girona only benefit it terms of access to the City Football Group (scouting network etc) and haven’t actually had that much investment from them. It does give them stability though. I’d say it’s pretty close to our achievement as our income to the greedy 6 income is fair bit closer (irrelevant of odds) compared to that of Girona against the likes of Real Madrid/Barcelona. 

WTF is going in with our club finances everyone? Are we that skint we can’t afford to punt £3 on Sensi?

Also Enzo saying he wasn’t told about the club finances until last week after he completed his scouting of new players reminded me a little of the rogers dibaccle.

just when I thought everything was ticking along nicely something doesn’t smell right behind the scenes. The club has to support Enzo - he’s not even asking for much.

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

WTF is going in with our club finances everyone? Are we that skint we can’t afford to punt £3 on Sensi?

Also Enzo saying he wasn’t told about the club finances until last week after he completed his scouting of new players reminded me a little of the rogers dibaccle.

just when I thought everything was ticking along nicely something doesn’t smell right behind the scenes. The club has to support Enzo - he’s not even asking for much.

1. No space in the match day squad all 25 places registered. Why sign a player we can't play at the moment. 

2. ffp will have affect. We have a high wage bill for the league and will be limited on what we can do. The money from parachute payment would be allocated to loans and the money from sales thus far has probably gone towards the covering the wage bill mainly and buying winks, Coady and co. Also FFP is tighter in the championship. 

No need to panic, there is a fine balancing act going on I imagine at the moment.  It's not as easy as FM or FIFA. I'm sure we're fine 

Edited by fox_favourite

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I suppose its all ffp related, which I haven't got a scooby how it works. Just seems to help keep the bigger clubs at the top, and make it harder for anyone from the outside of the "elite group" to get in amongst them, certainly at the top level anyway.

I'm assuming at the moment we are still working to the chance that we won't be promoted, and need to be extra careful financially, on that basis.

Just now, westernpark said:

King Power don’t want to spend the money, they want us to be self-funded, for their benefit as much as ours. It’s already failed once, see last season and the panic of January after the Summer.

Or alternatively  we didn't want to get into ffp trouble and end up with a points deduction like Everton. 

Arguably of course, had we ignored ffp like Everton, we wouldn't have gone down, and any point deduction we got, had it been for this season, would have seen us ok anyway, due to there being at least 3 woeful teams in the league, again much like Everton are going to benefit from.

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Or alternatively  we didn't want to get into ffp trouble and end up with a points deduction like Everton. 

Arguably of course, had we ignored ffp like Everton, we wouldn't have gone down, and any point deduction we got, had it been for this season, would have seen us ok anyway, due to there being at least 3 woeful teams in the league, again much like Everton are going to benefit from.

I’m not sure, I think King Power want us to be self-reliant regardless of FFP. 

• Like 1

Sorry western park, i meant to quote you mate.

Yes they do, you're right about that.

They said that even when Vichai was here.

That the aim was for the club to be self funding in the longer term.

The thing is, as Newcastle are now finding, it's not all about how much money the owner of a club has, they still have to adhere to ffp, which with the punishment handed out to Everton, clubs will now be thinking twice about ignoring ffp  thinking they will only get a slap on the wrist if they breach it.

The Man City charges and what happens to them will be really interesting.

I have a feeling Man City will somehow find a way out of it again.

Edited by smudger63

55 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I note sure they wrote of 190m in debts feb 23 hardly the model of self reliant.

Ideal they would like to put less in but I still think FFP is the real issues.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I note sure they wrote of 190m in debts feb 23 hardly the model of self reliant.

Ideal they would like to put less in but I still think FFP is the real issues.

How much can we spend in relation to FFP if we go up, in comparison to how much we actually spend, will be indicative of whether it’s King Power being tight or FFP being restrictive.

11 minutes ago, westernpark said:

How much can we spend in relation to FFP if we go up, in comparison to how much we actually spend, will be indicative of whether it’s King Power being tight or FFP being restrictive.

We can make a loss no greater than £105m across three seasons.

So you add the accounts for the 22/23 to this current one, so for example if we lost 50m in 22/23 and 10m this season thats a loss of 60m.

Mean we could lose up to 45m.

We will have an more of an idea when the club release last season account.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I’m sure Enzo mentioned before Christmas about needing outs before signing players.

Can’t imagine Iverson was on a big contract and it’s a loan, so I doubt his move has pushed the dial much.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Another PL title winning comparison, shock. Curious to see what everyone else thinks of this? Not as sinful of a comparison as Villa, but they did finish 10th last season in la Liga...

Who is going to be talking about this prospect the most? 

Girona fans and fans in Spain.

Of course, on the whole, they’ll make a comparison and then declare their side as potentially a greater achievement. 

For me, it doesn’t matter, because it’s not as if our achievement will ever be forgotten is it? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

It's a little of both I think. 

I know one of the accountants. They told me that they want us to be self sufficient but will step in with finance when or if needed to help out.

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I know one of the accountants. They told me that they want us to be self sufficient but will step in with finance when or if needed to help out.

Pretty much what they have done since they have been here to be fair.

Every 3 or 4 season they wipe out debt we owe them like the 190m last Feb.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

To be honest, I am far happier that we have owners that ultimately want to make us self-reliant. There are so many examples (us being one) of the fall.out from over stretching. 

Also if they ever decide to walk away, with self-reliance and sustained growth, we will have a much better football club than they first started with. 

I am very pleased with how we are run. 

• Like 4