Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

The only thing we were missing in the last few years was a genuine PL derby. 

I forgot there is a genuine hatred between both clubs - apparently more so on their side! When two sides in a derby are doing well, the games can be quite the spectacle. 

Wouldnt mind this in the PL.....

Been getting the Oooh has Leicester’s Bubble burst from the Yam Yams etc at work following our red card and loss to Coventry the weekend, asking if we’ve lost the plot and will blow our lead at the top and end up fighting in the play off spots ??

I of course replied with a resounding 6 word response !

DON’T BE SO FUCHING STUPID, STUPID !:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Been getting the Oooh has Leicester’s Bubble burst from the Yam Yams etc at work following our red card and loss to Coventry the weekend, asking if we’ve lost the plot and will blow our lead at the top and end up fighting in the play off spots ??

I of course replied with a resounding 6 word response !

DON’T BE SO FUCHING STUPID, STUPID !:ph34r:

Last time people thought our bubble burst after the Boro loss we followed it up with 26 points from a possible 30

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Last time people thought our bubble burst after the Boro loss we followed it up with 26 points from a possible 30

I said that at work but I’m so hoping we do the same from Monday kick on and take this division all the way back to the Premier League !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's ultimately a lot of internet talk and hot air but its obvious since we have come out of the top flight that the bubble of the Prem sort of protected us from the wider footballing circles working out we have become a very Disneyland match day event and fragmented fanbase which is struggling.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stu said:

Not how I'd define fun... :cry:

dunno…be a yo-yo club over 6 seasons,then come back with a wham

from the 8th season and storm the PL for 10-15 years..Then settle into mid table

winning the odd silverware,break Everton & Arsenal record of staying in top flight,with everybody cursing us..:chant:

1 hour ago, stu said:

Not how I'd define fun... :cry:

Interesting to see how much it's gone up.

If I remember rightly though, our biggest year was the CL season. Our income  was about £120m, and that was finishing mid table.

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Brilliant quote from Steven Schumacher after today's win at stoke:

He's not had the best of experiences against us this season. Played us twice with 2 different teams, conceded 9 goals

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The Stile forum is good for a laugh. So many of them moaning about Mcateer's "iron iron-clad red card" whe he PUSHED one of their wee fellas. 

What a joke when their player got away with a knee high challenge with studs showing lol I sure know what is far more dangerous 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

11 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The Stile forum is good for a laugh. So many of them moaning about Mcateer's "iron iron-clad red card" whe he PUSHED one of their wee fellas. 

McAteer straight up shouldn't have reacted but I really don't want to follow a sport where you get a red card because the other play jumped on the floor and started rolling around because you gave him a bit of a shove in the chest. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

McAteer straight up shouldn't have reacted but I really don't want to follow a sport where you get a red card because the other play jumped on the floor and started rolling around because you gave him a bit of a shove in the chest. 

100% it was a silly reaction but  never in a million years a red card. 

What is ironic is, I wonder how many of those same fans have said the words "the game has gone soft."

28 minutes ago, Foxinmarkfield said:

I really like this line from the report in the Stoke Sentinel:

Sixteen games to go until the end of the season and the rest of the division probably can’t wait to see the back of them.

****ing ditto. 

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2