Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

A significant number of people are absolute numbskulls, and it's inevitable that some will follow the fortunes of LCFC. If it's their default to find things to complain about, they'll find a way, even though it looks like we're about to smash all existing records. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HitchinFox said:

Which suggests we do have some weirdos on here. Quite a few of them are elderly men and women.

Well, you're not sexist, at least. But, if it comes to ageist you're right in the running for leader of the pack. I suspect the kind of person you're alluding to doesn't have the desire to trade opinions on here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sly said:

https://motleedsnews.com/news/jason-cundy-destroys-leicester-fan-live-on-talksport-after-ridiculous-leeds-united-claim/

Jason Cundy destroys Leicester fan live on talkSPORT after 'ridiculous' Leeds United claim

Jason Cundy fumed at a Leicester City fan live on talkSPORT after he claimed he would rather be in Leeds’ position than Leicester’s despite their 11-point gap at the top of the Championship.

Leicester extended their lead at the top of the Championship after a win at Watford on 10 February, but the fan claimed to be bored of the football they play under Enzo Maresca.

He claimed he would rather be in Leeds’ position because, under the management of Daniel Farke, they play entertaining football despite a gap between the two teams.

Cundy was outraged live on talkSPORT [10 February, 19:10] as he questioned: “You’d rather be Leeds right now? You’d rather be third?” the fan then replied: “It’s good football,” as Cundy continued to question.

The Leicester fan then attempted to explain: “I know it sounds daft but…” before Cundy cut him off: “No no, not daft, it’s utterly ridiculous. Not daft.”

After the call was ended, Cundy questioned: “Leeds United? He’d rather be Leeds United than Leicester right now?” and Dean Saunders replied: “It’s a windup. They’ve only let 24 goals in all season and scored 66.”

Leeds United fans would happily swap places

At the end of the day, ask any Leeds fan whether they would rather play pretty football or be 11 points clear at the top of the Championship, almost guaranteed to win the league and get back into the Premier League, and nine out of ten fans would tell you the latter.

As it stands at Elland Road they sit in third, just one point behind Southampton albeit the Saints have a game in hand. There is no guarantee of promotion, particularly given the run of form Russell Martin’s side have put together.

Promotion straight back to the Premier League at the first time of asking is the ultimate goal for all three clubs that were relegated at the end of last season, so to suggest you’d rather be unsure about that chance with the possibility of the playoffs than flying at the top is ludicrous.

Leeds United fans will be nervous about the promotion race

The promotion race this year is likely to be exciting for everybody but Leicester. Foxes fans can essentially put their feet up and cruise to the end of the season, while Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich fans will be constantly sweating over their position.

With the threat of the notoriously unpredictable playoffs a very real possibility at Elland Road, that security is something fans will be longing for, not willing to throw away in exchange for “good football”.

Let me guess, was it “Brian” or “Gurinder”?

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

A significant number of people are absolute numbskulls, and it's inevitable that some will follow the fortunes of LCFC. If it's their default to find things to complain about, they'll find a way, even though it looks like we're about to smash all existing records. 

Don't know why, but it seems to have got a bit worse since the PL and FA Cup triumphs respectively.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I agree, but a lot has changed socially and politically in that time too. 

In what way, from a footballing perspective?

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, gerblod said:

Well, you're not sexist, at least. But, if it comes to ageist you're right in the running for leader of the pack. I suspect the kind of person you're alluding to doesn't have the desire to trade opinions on here.

First of all - why have you edited and changed what I actually wrote? Very odd. I didn't say "here". 

Secondly – I was stating facts and most certainly wasn't being ageist. If you go on City-related Facebook pages (such as Leicester Fan TV Chat) there are plenty of people there posting and moaning how we are "boring" and should be more direct, even calling for Enzo to go. When challenged, a huge proportion of the same people then mention how they have been "going for 40+ or 50+ years", which apparently means they know what they are talking about. So if anything, it is those people who are being ageist, using their older age to claim they know best (or at least better than someone younger than them). 

I don't take kindly to my words being edited. Nor being accused of being prejudiced towards anyone, or a group of people. Especially by someone who knows nothing about me. 

21 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

……………..?

21 hours ago, gerblod said:

I am old degenerate ,dream of a bygone age and comedy sketches

Not to mention a far superior Annie Walker & Ena Sharples Coronation street,

which I also hated but just not so much.

Enjoyed Baileys NC,fusion freewheeler,Grannies, 7 hills get together,knocking up the patron at 3 am to get a doner kebab in Mountsorrel…Cider with Rosie among the Braggie-park hills & ferns,along the babbling brooks..

or great head banging with Led zeppelin, Black sabbath,deep Purple,with this new

stereo gizmo equipment

Those white christmases, with comic book annuals pushing onto daft experiences  falling ass over elbow,trying to reach Glenfield Social & workingmans club,for a dose of Danny boy…

doing the same walking back spending last pennies upon a portion of fish n chips.

Rugby game cancelled,So a Scots, 3 Irishman,2 Englishman,could run jump on a train to see K.Wellers brigade…Then a good ol’ pub crawl,end up either at Lotus house jazz night,or a feast at one of Leicesters finest Indian restaurants.Late night early morning favourite “Kohinoor”  down Conduit street..

Then farewells to other far off climates and a **** on a world map of projects and travels. New watering holes discovered in far flung knocked up shacks or luxurious environments in the middle of deserts,jungles and Pampas. Instructing royals to beggars on modern technic,instructed from local fellows on new customs, animals,fauna,and the does and not to does..

ahh yes Summer & winter days..so long gone,but memories tucked chaotically ,

or odd ones neatly away in that cosy pocket of time…

A foxes or tigers badge left behind in gratitude…

One learns rapidly there are no

age,youth,male,female,skin pigmentation troughs to trudge…

A fan is a fan, a human is a human, free of the weight of discrimination…

To shake hands,hold hands,wave hands,

and extended hearts and arms to embrace..

So you young whipper snappers,first learn to see,learn to listen before

one creates the noise of opinion…

Though some deaf old gits,should welcome and open their ears

to the new vibrations of youths Opinions,through all generations,

each individual has something to say and is there to be seen..

• Like 4

On 11/02/2024 at 12:01, Bryn said:

The Leicester fan base is pretty annoying as fan bases go to be fair.

There's been a lot of talk about our fanbase in general recently but frankly I don't buy this notion that we are objectively worse than others in many of the ways that have been suggested recently.

We have had a pretty unique fan experience, but everyone likes to think they're unique. Very few are by any significant number imo - we've all got our idiots and our particular foibles of course but I think the reality is that most fanbases are generally speaking representative of the population but with a skew towards males.

Our opinions about our own fanbase aren't going to be reflective of the opinion outsiders have because they are biased by our own opinion of the club and our situation.

• Like 2