Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 4

On 20/06/2024 at 07:35, Kinowe Soorie said:

From the comments section on The Athletic. Notts Forest “we only love Derby” supporter, saying they don’t care about us, but here they are droning on about us again.

IMG_0339.jpeg

IMG_0340.jpeg

It was the Leicester fan droning on in that childish exchange 

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

"What they did this summer

Coady has been to the past two major tournaments. He was in the England squad for the 2022 Qatar World Cup and spent this summer in Germany, although with a very different role as a pundit for the BBC. Coady is forging an impressive career in the media and has become a regular on the radio and television as a co-commentator and analyst. Before that he joined his teammates on a three-day poolside holiday courtesy of the chairman, Aiyawatt “Top” Srivaddhanaprabha, to celebrate their top-flight return as the party carried on after the club had an open-top bus parade through the city on the Sunday after the final match."

Wow top notch analysis.

Although this graphic sums up Top and Rudkin's stewardship nicely

Screenshot2024-08-12at11_17_57.thumb.png.0eb1b965cf60c462e9e9efafc20fec7b.png

Headline from the coming season post mortem will be something like 'we have shown upwards trajectory, finishing higher in the pyramid than last year'

Sorry it won't as they don't publish anything 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

A welcome distraction - the upshot podcast has released a Jamie Vardy episode today. They're normally pretty good, can't vouch for this one as WFH today so no commute to listen on

"vardy's teammate marco cassetti charges into the box"

oh dear. i realise these geezers are about 12, but how do you **** that up. they even play a clip lol

Edited by Out Foxed

3 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

"vardy's teammate marco cassetti charges into the box"

oh dear. i realise these geezers are about 12, but how do you **** that up. they even play a clip lol

I've listened to 30 mins now and yeh that's a pretty stupid error, albeit they correct it shortly after...

Love the image of him settling down to a glass of fine skittles vodka of an evening

18 hours ago, beastfootballx said:

Nearly every youtube predictions video  has us either 20th or 19th

Cant wait to prove them wrong just like bourmenth 2 sesons ago

Hope so too, as it means Cooper gets the tin tac soon and then his replacement performs miracles.

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

I would love it... but with potentially two points penalties hanging over us I fear it might be too much. Especially having lost our manager and best player as well. 

I think the problem with the points deduction is that it's easy to get sucked into thinking that we'll be chasing it all season.  But we have the second easiest start in the league, if we can capitalize on that, the points deduction could effectively be wiped out in no time at all.

Last season, after 7 games, there were 7 teams who had only averaged a point a game - say we get docked 6 points and get 1.5 points per game in that period, we'd be on 4/5 points which would have been good enough to be in 16th place.  After 10 games, assuming the same points per game, we'd still be just a point behind forest in 16th.  1.5 points per game isn't a huge ask - but certainly it's more in our own hands than people are inclined to believe  - and with possible deductions lingering over other clubs, we might not be the only club making up ground.

At the end of the day, we only need to do better than 3 other teams - and as big as the step up is from EFL to PL, there're still a number of bang average teams in the bottom half. 

4 hours ago, Livid said:

They have each received a football banning order of between three and five years which prevents them attending any regulated football match in the UK and also prevents overseas travel when the team they support, or the national team, are playing in a different country.

Some of the men have also been banned from entering areas in Leicester on matchdays both before and after the game.

mad that

• Like 2

On 13/08/2024 at 13:13, Livid said:

A saw about 3 groups of about 5 West Ham fans acting like drunk tossers on the way out trying to start stuff then heard about the fight outside Mecca bingo.

I hope the Leicester fans banned were also looking for it too and wasn’t just defending themselves from the West Ham fans clearly trying to start trouble!

Here's a collector's item... a Forest post insisting that they absolutely do not care about Leicester... with the majority of replies arguing that there is (or certainly was) a rivalry. 

Edited by Ted Maul
  • Haha 4

On 13/08/2024 at 09:08, hebangsthedrums said:

A welcome distraction - the upshot podcast has released a Jamie Vardy episode today. They're normally pretty good, can't vouch for this one as WFH today so no commute to listen on

I love the Upshot pod but the Vardy episode was properly crap, half of it was about Wagatha Christie. Today's about Arsenal's 90s lot was Susan perb.

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I love the Upshot pod but the Vardy episode was properly crap, half of it was about Wagatha Christie. Today's about Arsenal's 90s lot was Susan perb.

Yeh agree 100% was meaning to come back and post to that effect.

Did make me question  the accuracy of the other ones as quite a few facts were off given we know the subject matter better than other episodes.

But tis mainly tittle tattle I guess, just a shame this one was particularly poor

24 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Yeh agree 100% was meaning to come back and post to that effect.

Did make me question  the accuracy of the other ones as quite a few facts were off given we know the subject matter better than other episodes.

But tis mainly tittle tattle I guess, just a shame this one was particularly poor

Aha yeah man, they mixed up Frank and Scott Sinclair on the John Terry episode, unless Scott was having a bender at Heathrow when he was 12 it's a bit off. Still a fun pod

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Official club sponsor.

Love. It.

Hate to be pedantic but didn't Coventry win the EFL Trophy and League 1? 

I was almost about to point out Derby and Forest haven't won anyway and would have been better examples for Parimatch to use but I forgot about the Brian Clough Trophy.

• Like 1