Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

In our current position we would be daft to not re-sign anyone of Wilf's ability.

So what if he's gone out to the market to see his worth? He's in the prime of his career. Anyone here would be mad not to seek out better jobs for them in the circumstances. It doesn't mean he won't be an important part of the team next season or that he won't care! 

If there's one thing you can't level at the bloke it's that he doesn't try or has an awful attitude. Yes, injuries and fitness may have hampered him in the past but he's been an important part of the club for a long time.

I really think he could be a great asset in the way Cooper would like us to play and adds a bit of steel to Midfield we are lacking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Widely reported Marseille werent prepared to meet his wage demands

reported....that doesnt mean alot unless its actually from the horses mouth

I suspect a number of clubs looked at Wilf and semi-offered him terms 

but I imagine hes just been keeping his options open and given his family seem to be pretty settled in the region too, we always sort of had an advantage, plus Cooper wants to keep him too

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Widely reported Marseille werent prepared to meet his wage demands

And? This has been an issue at the club for 3 or 4 years now. We can't shift players because of wages. Bertrand, Vesty, Praet, Soumare etc. The last two are classics of being at a European club, doing well but they won't touch the wages. He asks for 80k, they say no, discussion over. Probably had the same discussion with half a dozen clubs. Nacho's got the same agent, probably had the same issue getting a club.

My point is, you can't blame him for asking. If they all say no he takes whatever we're offering at a guess, just standard football stuff

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This page never fails to amuse me, as if he can identify that's Seagrave from that bush 

It's a Portugal Laurel. You'll see them out the front of the stadium.

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

Probably a relegation release clause, but he's failed to get a move on a free so lol

Had more than 5 offers so he hasn't really failed to get a move, we are probably just giving him the best contract financially with a get out

• Thanks 1

Such clever work by the board if Ndidi sells in the future now it's classed as pure profit.

Finally we are being sensible 

Edited by Fox85
  • Haha 1