Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

31 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Pay players in the downswing of their careers wages that nobody else will match…oh Rudkin. You ****ing idiot.

Hoping for a one tourney Tiger Woods, maybe? 

2 hours ago, Phenom said:

Pay players in the downswing of their careers wages that nobody else will match…oh Rudkin. You ****ing idiot.

And you know what he's being paid how?

Do you believe everything you read in the Internet.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

No brainer retaining him.

Cheaper than a signing and we're unlikely to be able to attract much of a better player in his position.

• Like 1

They’ll all be moaning on here in 3 months, saying why did we give him another contract!!!

He was good two years ago but is too injury prone and couldn’t cut it in the championship. 

• Like 1

Ipswich have just signed 3 young players. Those are the sort of players we should be signing tbh. Delay, Hutchinson and Greaves. They’ll have good sell-on value as well.

Just now, Wortho said:

Ipswich have just signed 3 young players. Those are the sort of players we should be signing tbh. Delay, Hutchinson and Greaves. They’ll have good sell-on value as well.

Not necessarily true, both Daka and Soumare were signed as excellent prospects and really struggled in the premier league, there is no guarantee any of these 3 will excel at Ipswich and if they do struggle then Ipswich just like us will struggle to shift them on and not take a hit from a PSR perspective. 

With any transfer, there is always an element of risk. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Sounds like a dodgy legal firm!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Well his Fossehubs maths aren't great.

He says he wanted €4m euros per annum.

That's £3.4m per annum which is around 66k a week.

Or he wants €4m in Sevilla or €4.6m to carry on living in highfields.

• Haha 1

Hmm, I'm a bit torn on this. Wilf is one of my favourite players, and he's been with us a long long time now, so glad to see him choose us. I'm not sure his form in the past couple of years has warranted a 3 year deal though, let alone if it's for higher wages than he was on before. I get that the signing on fee will likely be included in that, but...

Well, I hope he can get back to his destroyer best. I miss his octopus legs. If Cooper can get him back to that, then this will be an excellent (re-)signing. We just need a proper industrious box-to-box player now, to do the heavy lifting for Ndidi and Winks.

29 minutes ago, Wortho said:

We've signed 2 to be fair. 

• Like 2

I know it was only the championship but I thought he was class last year.

His last PL season wasn't a true reflection of Wilf because Rodgers played him out of position early in the season as a CB and destroyed his confidence.

31 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Learnt absolutely nothing have we

why? If we dont sign him we need to replace him. The replacement will cost us ridiculous amounts which we dont have. 

Its a no brainer and if he has a decent season be becomes a sellable asset if we go down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trooky said:

His last PL season wasn't a true reflection of Wilf because Rodgers played him out of position early in the season as a CB and destroyed his confidence.

He was also out of position last year, maybe managers keep trying it because he's no longer effective in his normal position? I think its been forgot how bad he actually was the season we went down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

He was also out of position last year, maybe managers keep trying it because he's no longer effective in his normal position? I think its been forgot how bad he actually was the season we went down.

Which player wasn't ? and wasn't he going through personal issues as well ?

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

I think its been forgot how bad he actually was the season we went down.

Danny Ward gets the majority of the criticism (which is pretty fair :D), but Wilf was worse that season.

I guess our hands are tied somewhat, and we need to keep him on for financial reasons.

Anyway, I'll stop moaning about it now - Hopefully we don't regret it and we see some of the form from the first half of last season.

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

They’ll all be moaning on here in 3 months, saying why did we give him another contract!!!

He was good two years ago but is too injury prone and couldn’t cut it in the championship. 

16 minutes ago, trooky said:

I know it was only the championship but I thought he was class last year.

Foxes Talk in a nutshell 😆

This all depends on the length of the deal. If he takes a 2 year extension we offload him next summer for a relatively small fee. If we give him a 3 or 4 year deal like Vestergaard we're hanging on to an injury prone CDM whose best games may already be behind him.

12 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Danny Ward gets the majority of the criticism (which is pretty fair :D), but Wilf was worse that season.

I guess our hands are tied somewhat, and we need to keep him on for financial reasons.

Anyway, I'll stop moaning about it now - Hopefully we don't regret it and we see some of the form from the first half of last season.

I’m not having that Wilf was worse than Danny Ward. You replace Ndidi in that team and it probably makes little difference, you replace Ward and we probably finish comfortably in about 15th.

• Like 4

Great news. He was great last year. He's not going to cut it as an attacking midfielder in the PL, but I'm sure Cooper will use him properly and that defensive prowess is going to be huge for us.