Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

I'm praying we've learnt from our mistakes and not offered Wilf a silly contract!

As much as we all love Wilf and he was brilliant for us in the championship & previous prem seasons,  him playing that advanced role in the premier league just wont work. 

He's a holding midfielder that loves getting stuck in, breaking up play and helping out the back line, that's his natural urge! 

If someone like Bournemouth, Brentford, Wolves etc get him and play him as that holding midfielder they'll get a very good player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

“I’ll probably stay if I don’t get a better offer”

Wonderful to see the commitment and enthusiasm.

Doubt he’ll have too many offers to be honest.

Truthfully, seeing how cut throat Enzo is being this summer, he knows how important next year will be and I wouldn't be surprised if he see's something like this and says see you later then mate.

The thing with Wilf is, he knows his stock is never going to be higher than it is right now, he is simply attempting to cash in on that with his age which is fine but like others have stated why are you saying it publicly? Keep that between yourself and your agent.

21 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nigeria rag linking him with Barcelona and as much as Barca love a contract free guy, a bridge too far Wilfred I fear.

Like all the Zambians saying Daka was going Roma, Chelsea, Sevilla, Brighton, Bournemouth, Leverkusen last summer. 

• Like 1

I do not expect him to be here next season but it depends on how many free agents are going to be milling around the transfer scene this summer.

If he's getting a decent offer from Saudi and he's ok with the idea of playing out there he should go for it. In terms of competitive football, he's not likely to win much with any club that'll be interested, so go for the payday.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

“OL have accelerated for several days on Wilfred Ndidi

🔐 Les Gones are pushing to seal an agreement with the Nigerian midfielder, free of any contract next June”

Wilf doesn't look too happy about it bless him :dunno:

23 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Wilf doesn't look too happy about it bless him :dunno:

It’s him in a Leicester kit with a photoshopped on Lyon kit hence why he’s sad 

• Haha 2

What wages do we think he's on? Would be good for us to utilise those wages elsewhere if they're very high. Shame we're unlikely to get a decent fee for him though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

What wages do we think he's on? Would be good for us to use those wages elsewhere if they're very high. Shame we're unlikely to get a decent fee for him though. 

He'll be a free agent as his contract expires at the end of June. We won't get any fee for him, let alone a decent one.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Don't look like we have even offered a new contract at the minute 

Are we still technically an EFL team until June 1st? I know we had restrictions on us offering new contracts.

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Think he's gone now. Reckon he would've stayed with Enzo around. 

Wonder what no Enzo does for Vardy, Vestergaard and Iheanacho.

26 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Dont think he would have stayed anyway. Right decision to let him go.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wonder what no Enzo does for Vardy, Vestergaard and Iheanacho.

Think the only one effected would be Vestergaard, his starting place now in danger.

Don’t think he should stay regardless. Think his time here has come to an end. It’s like when you been in a job with the same company for a lengthy time. You no longer give them your best. You may do here and there (like season just gone) but you will never be consistent with it. You stay because the money is decent until something better falls on your lap. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

i think it’s probably the other way round. Sit him in front of the back 4 and put  a wooly hat on him on the cold days and he might stay.. he’s just not a no. 8.

i reckon we have a couple trying to hang on and see who the new manager is..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1