Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Apparently he turned down a contract? 

WHAT.

Lynch him!

no seriously,  it’s time for him to move on anyway. I respect the fact he at least tried to give it a go as a number 8 last year when he clearly wasn’t one. 

according to this he was earning 50k a week in the champ ( relegation wage reduction clause) and about 80k in the prem which I’m a bit meh about. Could have been worse..

https://salarysport.com/football/player/wilfred-ndidi/

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

WHAT.

Lynch him!

no seriously,  it’s time for him to move on anyway. I respect the fact he at least tried to give it a go as a number 8 last year when he clearly wasn’t one. 

according to this he was earning 50k a week in the champ ( relegation wage reduction clause) and about 80k in the prem which I’m a bit meh about. Could have been worse..

https://salarysport.com/football/player/wilfred-ndidi/

At his peak, you could have argued the case for him being one of the world’s best “destroyers”, so to speak. 

Technically he isn’t at the level unfortunately, to play a more expansive game at the top end consistently. That’s why he’s stayed with us for so long in my opinion. 

His injury record hasn’t helped him either.

Good servant to us and played a major part in our history. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

At his peak, you could have argued the case for him being one of the world’s best “destroyers”, so to speak. 

Technically he isn’t at the level unfortunately, to play a more expansive game at the top end consistently. That’s why he’s stayed with us for so long in my opinion. 

His injury record hasn’t helped him either.

Good servant to us and played a major part in our history. 

if we could play counter attacking football,  I’d pick him over Harry Winks to sit in front of the defense…

but I’m not sure we’ll be doing that, unfortunately..

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

if we could play counter attacking football,  I’d pick him over Harry Winks to sit in front of the defense…

Yes, I agree. 

I don’t think we can play the type of football we played last season. 

At this point I’m not sure we renew Vestergaard either if we’re not playing the way Maresca did. 

• Like 2

Thanks Wilf but it’s the end of your LCFC journey for me.

He hasn’t got the legs and can’t shake how bad he looked in the PL last time out.

He scored a couple of important goals but looked very leggy since his return from injury this season too.

12 hours ago, MPH said:

Ndidi was unconvincing in his last two seasons playing at CDM. And while he was better than expected in the number 8 role, that's not his position and we need to upgrade in that part of the pitch. If he wanted to stay I'd be happy to keep him as he offers cover in several positions, but I'm not sure he's good enough to be first choice in any position now. Cheerio, Wilf - you'll be remembered fondly.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Ndidi was unconvincing in his last two seasons playing at CDM. And while he was better than expected in the number 8 role, that's not his position and we need to upgrade in that part of the pitch. If he wanted to stay I'd be happy to keep him as he offers cover in several positions, but I'm not sure he's good enough to be first choice in any position now. Cheerio, Wilf - you'll be remembered fondly.

Get what you are saying but i do partially blame Rodgers for turning a decent team into a team of boblets

40 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Where's the evidence that he wishes to leave?

13 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Where is the evidence he wishes to stay?

I would say the fact he hasn't signed a new contract can be pretty telling..

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Where's the evidence that he wishes to leave?

Apparently him and Vardy have both cleaned out their lockers at Belvoir Drive.

Quite a long time ago, actually

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Hmm.

I wouldnt have left my school books in my locker over the summer holiday at school, but i wouldn't say that was proof i wouldn't have come back for the next year.

B+ for effort, @FoxinNotts !

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sly said:

Yes, I agree. 

I don’t think we can play the type of football we played last season. 

At this point I’m not sure we renew Vestergaard either if we’re not playing the way Maresca did. 

I think renewing Vesty is a silly move tbh.

we have Faes and Coady who can start. Souttar and Nelson got back up. We are cash strapped. Don’t pay tie an aging player down for a few more years on big money, silly decision imo.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think everyone did though right?😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

I think renewing Vesty is a silly move tbh.

we have Faes and Coady who can start. Souttar and Nelson got back up. We are cash strapped. Don’t pay tie an aging player down for a few more years on big money, silly decision imo.

He’s by far the best player for the style we played last season. We struggled without him. 

Depends how we setup. 

It’s that odd adage, ask a fish to climb a tree….:

On 31/05/2024 at 22:05, Royston. said:

No problem with him leaving but can we replace with better?

Probably not:plancque:

As an 8, yes. 
Playing as a CDM, likely not. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sly said:

As an 8, yes. 
Playing as a CDM, likely not. 

Was doggo in that role relegation season. PL largely found him out. Too likely to spend 1/3 of a season injured. We can do better now. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

He's been a good servant to the club on the whole, but I think a fresh challenge might do him good. It's just a shame we can't get a fee for him, so it gave us a chance at a decent replacement.

Thanks for the service to our club, but probably be better for him to move on. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Was doggo in that role relegation season. PL largely found him out. Too likely to spend 1/3 of a season injured. We can do better now. 

In fairness, most of the squad looked broken. 

His injury record hasn’t been great though. 

He’s still only 27 though. I do wonder if he fancies somewhere like Lyon just to try a different league. 

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

He's been a good servant to the club on the whole, but I think a fresh challenge might do him good. It's just a shame we can't get a fee for him, so it gave us a chance at a decent replacement.

Thanks for the service to our club, but probably be better for him to move on. 

Agreed, I think it is time to say thanks Wilf and move on.

His best performances in the prem were a few years back and when you balance that against his injury record, wages and our need to bring wage costs down its best we look elsewhere.

That said I think we will need someone with similar attributes, a box to box midfielder, with physicality and good turnover stats.