Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

He's a good player but what we need is a good young hungry players who will give it everything while he's learning.

We can find somone like that much cheaper than what Wilf will be looking for.

Agree that it's time to move on with our best wishes.

Without Wilf's introduction in January 2017, we would have had the shame of being relegated champions, imo.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2024 at 03:28, MPH said:

if we could play counter attacking football,  I’d pick him over Harry Winks to sit in front of the defense…

but I’m not sure we’ll be doing that, unfortunately..

Just when are we going to put this to bed?

You can play a possession based game AND counter attack when you win the ball back when not in possession. We did this under Maresca. 

Brilliant in the first half of his time here, kind of crap and semi-permanently injured in the second half of his time here. 

Will always wish him well for what he’s achieved here, but I think it’s time to part ways. Giving big wages to players who haven’t performed for several seasons now feels like Matty James’ 4 year deal all over again. 

On 02/06/2024 at 21:46, dannythefox said:

Need to keep him probably just had his best season for us. The balance needs to be right in the squad with the experience and young ones. Silly to let him go if there’s any chance of a deal we could do with him. 

I want to keep him as well but that's ridiculous if you believe that was Wilf's best season for us. Ndidi from 2017-2021 was arguably the best midfielder in the PL that didn't play for the big 6, he was good this season but he is no longer at that level.

• Like 3

Just had his best season. lol

He was a square peg in a round hole and did fine for the first half of the season, but anyone who thinks he'll be able to play the same role at Premier League level needs to give their head a big old wobble. Not that he would without Maresca, anyway. 

People seem to have forgotten just how bad he was in his last 18 months in the Premier League. Maybe that's down to Rodgers, but he was still the worst of a very bad bunch for a lot of games.

Maybe he will find the form of 2018-2021, but it seems unlikely at this stage. Couple that with the reported salary he's on, plus his injury woes and I just don't think it's worth trying to keep him. 

• Like 2

On 02/06/2024 at 21:46, dannythefox said:

Need to keep him probably just had his best season for us. The balance needs to be right in the squad with the experience and young ones. Silly to let him go if there’s any chance of a deal we could do with him. 

In the position he played under Maresca he'd be nowhere near good enough in the Premiership with better more astute defenders and midfielders. He's been a good servant but as well as him now being more injury prone, I think he's definitely in a downwards spiral.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Just had his best season. lol

He was a square peg in a round hole and did fine for the first half of the season, but anyone who thinks he'll be able to play the same role at Premier League level needs to give their head a big old wobble. Not that he would without Maresca, anyway. 

People seem to have forgotten just how bad he was in his last 18 months in the Premier League. Maybe that's down to Rodgers, but he was still the worst of a very bad bunch for a lot of games.

Maybe he will find the form of 2018-2021, but it seems unlikely at this stage. Couple that with the reported salary he's on, plus his injury woes and I just don't think it's worth trying to keep him. 

I don't think people have gave Maresca enough credit.  He turned an out and out CDM into an attacking midfielder who was able to dink it in from the line into the box.. Absoutely right though, that it probably wouldn't work in the prem.

But that alone should go down in Leicester folklore!

" i was the one who saw Ndidi crossing it in from the byline!"

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Not even close to being true.

Really? You had your eyes painted on this season. In terms of playing a different position, goals, assist it definitely is his best season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Really? You had your eyes painted on this season. In terms of playing a different position, goals, assist it definitely is his best season.

He shone somewhat dimly in a poor division, against inferior opposition, whilst playing with some of the best players in the division around him. He'd be like a fish out of water playing that same role in the Premiership. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

He shone somewhat dimly in a poor division, against inferior opposition, whilst playing with some of the best players in the division around him. He'd be like a fish out of water playing that same role in the Premiership. 

I’m not talking about how he’ll do next season, this season was his best. Hopefully we keep him, we need him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I’m not talking about how he’ll do next season, this season was his best. Hopefully we keep him, we need him.

I don't think it was his best season, by a long long way. Just think of the teams in the past he was linked to due to his performances, I can't think of any of them that would want him now if they had to pay for him.

We don't need him and certainly not for the sort of wages he'd perhaps want. He's very much on the decline as is his playing time due to his now poor injury record. I think he's been brilliant for us, went missing at times last year which was previously unheard of and I think both parties need a change.

On 05/06/2024 at 10:52, Pita said:

It was a ok season last year but not his best. Got to start looking for new younger players 

With our FFP issues there’s no way we improve on Wilf. I remember when he was injured last season we struggled without him

• Like 3

I would put him back in his original position in CDM as we will need a shield and cover for the back four - still his best role and hopefully we get a manager who has a way we can play with and without the ball!!

22 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

I would put him back in his original position in CDM as we will need a shield and cover for the back four - still his best role and hopefully we get a manager who has a way we can play with and without the ball!!

But he was for there for 2 seasons. Why is he magically going to get better?

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But he was for there for 2 seasons. Why is he magically going to get better?

Because he does not have that doughnut BR trying to turn him into Pirlo……plus he has just regained his confidence - do not underestimate the prem experience we will need - personally I would resign him on sensible terms but it’s all about opinions