Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

8 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

Leaving according to the Mirror 

Mirror?  Must be true.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely it would make financial sense to try and get him to sign even if its just for a year, plus we are short in that department of the pitch.

Be very expensive you would have thought? 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Surely not if we have to go out a sign another player for 5 / 10m

Depends on wages as you would imagine Wilf would be on a wedge by now. Does he get a signing on fee as he is out of contract?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Depends on wages as you would imagine Wilf would be on a wedge by now. Does he get a signing on fee as he is out of contract?

I think the signing on fee would be down to the player/agent, not sure what wages he was on ? can't be more than 2m a year ?

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think the signing on fee would be down to the player/agent, not sure what wages he was on ? can't be more than 1m a year ?

Maybe he has just decided it’s a good time for a clean break, guess we will see soon enough!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think the signing on fee would be down to the player/agent, not sure what wages he was on ? can't be more than 2m a year ?

Double that when we were in the PL.

So he will almost certainly be looking for that salary or close again.

16 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely it would make financial sense to try and get him to sign even if its just for a year, plus we are short in that department of the pitch.

I think a year, two max would be good but it's pretty rare you see players signing 1 year contracts unless they're at the end of their careers like Vardy or have perhaps been injured or out for a while and it's 1 year 'prove you can still do it' type of deal.

I'll be sad to see him go as I imagine many will but I think this is a good time for us to part ways if his demands are pushing the boundaries on wages.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

for him it would make no financial sense when he is likely getting offered minimum 3 year contracts elsewhere. Financial guarantee is essential for athletes because of injuries so he is more likely to take a longer contract elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I think a year, two max would be good but it's pretty rare you see players signing 1 year contracts unless they're at the end of their careers like Vardy or have perhaps been injured or out for a while and it's 1 year 'prove you can still do it' type of deal.

I'll be sad to see him go as I imagine many will but I think this is a good time for us to part ways if his demands are pushing the boundaries on wages.

Probably his last big contract and absolutely no chance he’s taking less than a 3 year deal - we will be insisting on a relegation clause too so it will come down to other offers and if he wants to leave - should know any day I believe !

37 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Can see him ending up at Everton , very few Euro clubs will match us for wages.

And it would seem a toss up between us and Everton….

He may well feel very settled, and he might just feel like staying with us after all 🤷🏻‍♂️

20 hours ago, lfu said:

I wonder, assuming Wilf doesn't re-sign, would Bayern be interested in him if they can't get Palhinha?

3-4 years ago yeah but Ndidi now, sadly is more comparable to Sean Longstaff, Lemina or Ryan Yates 

On 24/06/2024 at 20:33, whoareyaaa said:

He'll be on nearly double £2m a year. Sure he was on around £75k a week