Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Someone who knows him was basically intimating that we was staying to me the other week. Despite his issues, I think it's best as it just saves us having to spend to replace him. 

I.heard exactly the same 2 to 3 months ago 

If Wilf can get back to his best as a destructive midfielder, he could be the difference between staying up and going down.

The impact of fitness, health, and information on Ndidi is massive. His drop in form coincides with the whole team's drop off.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

If we've got him on sensible wages (will also require a decent re-signing on fee) then this is immense IMO. 

I think we'd really miss him if we lost him. I think Cooper will deploy him back as a ball winner and I think there's scope for him to be effective in the PL again.

38 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Would rather see him go considering the obscene wages we will have offered him 

We’ll not find out how much of his reported wages are s/o fee and how much is salary 

think Bertrand on 80k …… 

prob 50k wages and 30k per week s/o fee (that’s £3m over two years s/o fee) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I saw a report somewhere that Marseille didn't want to pay his astronomical wages, assume we offered him a payrise and here we are!

Not sure…  I imagine the reason he’s not signed as yet is because we’re not offering him as much as he was on when we were last in the prem. So he’s looked around to see if he can get better elsewhere, and if not will take the offer that’s on the table from LCFC. 

48 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I saw a report somewhere that Marseille didn't want to pay his astronomical wages, assume we offered him a payrise and here we are!

Or we might be offering what his wages would be now we are back in the Prem. 

Others teams might not be willing to match that.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we've got him on sensible wages (will also require a decent re-signing on fee) then this is immense IMO. 

I think we'd really miss him if we lost him. I think Cooper will deploy him back as a ball winner and I think there's scope for him to be effective in the PL again.

Pretty much this. 

I have faith that Cooper will utilise players how they're meant to be. And Ndidi's best performances since being here have been as that ball winner. I appreciate he got forward a lot more last season but that was a very specific system and as far as I'm aware Cooper doesn't play that? 

If we can add more creative players alongside KDH (if he stays) and to compliment our wingers then it's worth keeping Ndidi as that defensive part of the midfield. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pretty much this. 

I have faith that Cooper will utilise players how they're meant to be. And Ndidi's best performances since being here have been as that ball winner. I appreciate he got forward a lot more last season but that was a very specific system and as far as I'm aware Cooper doesn't play that? 

If we can add more creative players alongside KDH (if he stays) and to compliment our wingers then it's worth keeping Ndidi as that defensive part of the midfield. 

I agree. I think the closer we play towards a 4231/433 Wilf has more of a role in the prem than under Enzo.

43 minutes ago, slymunn said:

Or we might be offering what his wages would be now we are back in the Prem. 

Others teams might not be willing to match that.

Probably because other clubs arent as stupid as us and can see hes no way near the player he was

Edited by South Shire Fox

You need to look at it this way 

what would wilf’s value be with a year left?

I reckon the answer is £10/15m .  So he’s entitled to ask for a s/o fee of 7.5m and a wage of 65k . If. He signs for another 5 years then I’d expect it to be reported that we’re paying him 95k/week.    Bear all this in mind when some of you explode at the wage ……

Edited by st albans fox

The thought of Ndidi signing a new contract under Maresca didn’t whet my appetite, but with Cooper now in charge with the expectancy of a holding midfield two, then Wilf signing a new deal would save us a lot of hassle, and I’d see it as shrewd and sensible business. 

Get him alongside Winks and adopt him in a way that plays to his strengths, then hopefully we’d start to see Ndidi back to his ball winning best again. 

Having Ndidi and Choudhury as our ball winning midfield options, Winks as that deep-lying playmaker/dictator and maybe start to integrate Braybrooke. 

Then the midfield wouldn’t need as much change as many probably expected this summer, get in an alternative to Winks who has a bit more ability on the defensive end, then we’d be good to go with our midfield options for next season. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The thought of Ndidi signing a new contract under Maresca didn’t whet my appetite, but with Cooper now in charge with the expectancy of a holding midfield two, then Wilf signing a new deal would save us a lot of hassle, and I’d see it as shrewd and sensible business. 

Get him alongside Winks and adopt him in a way that plays to his strengths, then hopefully we’d start to see Ndidi back to his ball winning best again. 

Having Ndidi and Choudhury as our ball winning midfield options, Winks as that deep-lying playmaker/dictator and maybe start to integrate Braybrooke. 

Then the midfield wouldn’t need as much change as many probably expected this summer, get in an alternative to Winks who has a bit more ability on the defensive end, then we’d be good to go with our midfield options for next season. 

Do you remember Mendy and Ndidi in the Puel days? 

Edited by South Shire Fox

Depends if he wants to stay in England or not I guess. He'll have to stay with us if he does.

I just really can't see another PL team wanting him. High wages and pretty poor technically. We're the only ones stupid enough to give him what he wants now.

On 21/06/2024 at 21:02, cityfanlee23 said:

100% give him a deal. I fancied him to return to form in the championship, never in any lifetime would I have expected it to be in the role he played, but he fought hard and adapted to his role better than I think any of us could have expected, he will cost more to replace than we will get for him. 
Let Cooper have a go and bring the monster we had a few years ago back to form. 

Thought we were done with the Cooper jokes..... you people disgust me.

3 hours ago, kingfox said:

This is even more important given the fact kdh might be leaving. 

He was going to be a bit of a square peg in a round hole. Now we can attempt to sign an authentic #10

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Depends if he wants to stay in England or not I guess. He'll have to stay with us if he does.

I just really can't see another PL team wanting him. High wages and pretty poor technically. We're the only ones stupid enough to give him what he wants now.

Do you ever have a positive word to say about anything ?