Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

with wilf, I and many others on here just thought that his legs had gone. For me, last year showed that this was wrong. 

No reason he can’t do what he used to do but with the added bonus that he seems to have improved in possession. 

Most likely nothing but the squad page on the website still had players like Akgun, Iheanacho, Albrighton and Praet listed earlier today. Since then they have all been removed but Ndidi is still on there. Obviously, it could be that we are still in negotiations or it could be that he's signed a new contract but not been announced. You would think that if he's rejected a contract or was leaving, he would have been removed whilst the rest were

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AlexG said:

Most likely nothing but the squad page on the website still had players like Akgun, Iheanacho, Albrighton and Praet listed earlier today. Since then they have all been removed but Ndidi is still on there. Obviously, it could be that we are still in negotiations or it could be that he's signed a new contract but not been announced. You would think that if he's rejected a contract or was leaving, he would have been removed whilst the rest were

We only have 4 listed !

Not sure which wilf we will get. The fact he’s open to moving just shows he feels that his time here has come to an end. He probably struggles to keep himself motivated at a club he has been at for so long and probably wants a change (providing he can bag a similar wage). It happens to us all in our jobs so I don’t see why this scenario is any different.

When he wants to play he’s great. I feel like last season he did well because he had to keep his stock high with his contact coming to an end. It’s been like this for the past few seasons. Good performances before AFCON etc then when there’s nothing to play for or the going gets tough he goes missing or so happens to be injured.

If we could guarantee a determined and enthusiastic wilf I’m all for him staying. I doubt we will see a full season of consistency. Let alone an entire contracts worth. 

no doubt he would be amazing if he played at another club. Just how it goes 

6 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

We are going to need 1 new central defender and maybe 2 attacking mids and I think we will be in good shape. Anything eles is a bonus 

Agree with this, kinda. I think we could ‘get away with’, one left footed center back which can cover LB, one attacking midfielder to replace KDH (we need to start blooding Alves) and a winger that can play either side

6 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

We are going to need 1 new central defender and maybe 2 attacking mids and I think we will be in good shape. Anything eles is a bonus 

We absolutely need a new striker. 

Wilf would be reverted to his old self under Cooper, he would become that destroyer again, with winks being the heartbeat. It would work, and I’m sure cooper will want him, but it comes down to wages ultimately. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Wilf would be reverted to his old self under Cooper, he would become that destroyer again, with winks being the heartbeat. It would work, and I’m sure cooper will want him, but it comes down to wages ultimately. 

‘Old self’ could mean very different things, though. Are we talking about the PL Wilf of 2017-21 or the PL Wilf of 2021-23? Huge difference. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

with wilf, I and many others on here just thought that his legs had gone. For me, last year showed that this was wrong. 

Last year absolutely confirmed that his best years were behind him for me. His fitness level was poor, I really hope we’re not going to resign him

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

Is the fact that he's ran his contract down yet still can't get a gig elsewhere not a bit of a red flag to anyone?

Penny will drop eventually.

Who says he can't get a gig elsewhere?

Looks to me like he's not rushing his options. 

• Like 2

Players like wilf really reveal how many fans think they are fountains of footballing knowledge, who have some secret information no one else has. 'when will the penny drop' 'its a no brainer'. Honestly get over yourselves. The truth is, Wilf at his best is a very good player. But he fell a long way from his best last couple years in the PL. But he looked a lot better last year. Sure it was in a lower league, but it was also in totally different circumstances, under a different manager. I think it's fair to argue he seemed to enjoy his football a lot more last year than he had in the couple of years prior. Realistically, there is no way to reliably say how well he will do should we resign him. He might be great, he might be shite again, there is plenty of evidence to suggest either outcome is possible, and anyone claiming to know exactly how it will play out is being ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torten said:

I really don't think a 3 year deal for Wilf right now would be a bad thing at all, we all know what he is capable of at this level.

Should perhaps read 'used to be' at this level. He's older, appears less committed and too comfortable, plus his fitness/injury status now cannot be relied upon. Best for both parties he goes.

• Like 1