Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

On 06/07/2024 at 11:24, Product of 84 said:

I'm hoping all the 'news' will come out now we have a kit to put them in for the photos. 🤞

Them pictures were taken ages ago, the sponsor is super imposed.

32 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

If we have to "persuade him" then I'd be tempted to pull the offer. You're either here, committed and up for the battle we face for this season or you're not. 

It's Tielemans all over again, and look how that worked out.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

If we have to "persuade him" then I'd be tempted to pull the offer. You're either here, committed and up for the battle we face for this season or you're not. 

All good as long as we have the money to bring someone in.

We already have to replace KDH.

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

Absolutely, he's no longer worth it.

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not really; he's out of contract and no longer a Leicester player. Anyone in their right mind would sit tight and see what offers are available. Tielemans was under contract and clearly had no intention of being here any longer than he had to be... then some bright spark made him captain. 

But if sitting tight means he'd prefer to miss pre-season with us while he waits around for somebody else to come in for him, that should probably tell us something.

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

But if sitting tight means he'd prefer to miss pre-season with us while he waits around for somebody else to come in for him, that should probably tell us something.

If we can get him to sign a 2 year deal, even getting £5m to £10m further down the line would cover his wages, if he then has a relegation release or buyout.

Personally I’d rather have him as a squad option if funds are limited or likely to be spent strengthening other positions.

23 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Depends what we have offered him. If he thinks his value is more (even if it isn't) then you can't blame him for seeing what his options are. Its a job and a living after all (and one that has family consideration). But yes, i agree about pre-season but we don't know if he is days away from making a decision.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Maybe, it will be cheaper to keep him than replace him.

They will have set him a deadline.

Edited by coolhandfox

5 hours ago, syston_fox said:

Yep. It will also have a corroding effect on other players in the squad. Let Villa or Brighton hoover him up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

He hasn’t missed a preseason with us though. If we are still in this position in two or three weeks then it’s a little bit different. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Probably priced himself out of a contract at a different premier league club, someone would have taken a punt on him as a  decent squad player otherwise. 

Just hope we don't have silly money on the table for him.

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

As we want him and training atm will only be about fitness with a kick about after I'd think he's training with us.

It's in our interest he's upto fitness in time. I would think the club know if it's a possible deal or game over.

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Probably priced himself out of a contract at a different premier league club, someone would have taken a punt on him as a  decent squad player otherwise. 

Just hope we don't have silly money on the table for him.

It's probably not that big a deal, it might be that he's had offers, he might have even had better offers than we can/will/have offered him, but staying here means less upheaval in his personal life.  His kid will be about school age now. 

Sevilla offered £22k a week, he wants the £75k or more he earnt at leicester.

we now have the upper hand here, he’s not getting anywhere near what he wants, I’d love to drive that down to £50k or leave him tbh 

If he dont want to be here, then bye bye wilf. Cant afford to have anyone onboard next year who doesnt want to be here. Personally, i prefer he didnt sign, he ran his course and will free up wages for a more influential destroyer in CM