Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

33 minutes ago, Royston. said:

When did his contract end, June?

only a club run by a bunch of clowns would string this out instead of moving on and sorting a replacement................

The circus did the same thing when Evans contract expired last year too.

1 minute ago, scinnell said:

The circus did the same thing when Evans contract expired last year too.

Evans was finished here though, regarding Wilf, would probably rather he left assuming a suitable replacement could be found, as I struggle to think his heart is in any longer. Could well be wrong,  but I do not want the past successes to set the expectations on Wilf.

• Like 1

For this to be dragging on for as long as it has, would suggest that we have offered Wilf, significantly reduced terms and his representatives are frantically trying to drum up interest to secure a better deal elsewhere or by trying to get us to raise our offer. 

I hope the club stands firm as I feel Wilf is still a long way from his best, if he does move on I would possibly look at someone like Ben Sheaf from Cov as a replacement, who will be reasonably priced and be very affordable from a wages perspective. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

For this to be dragging on for as long as it has, would suggest that we have offered Wilf, significantly reduced terms and his representatives are frantically trying to drum up interest to secure a better deal elsewhere or by trying to get us to raise our offer. 

I hope the club stands firm as I feel Wilf is still a long way from his best, if he does move on I would possibly look at someone like Ben Sheaf from Cov as a replacement, who will be reasonably priced and be very affordable from a wages perspective. 

I’d argue the opposite. He’s a free agent who will have had plenty of interest and offers. That makes me think we’ve given him a large contract to convince him to stay as with our financial position we wouldn’t find much better for less than 30 million.

I feel all the clubs interested won’t match what we are offering so now he’s having second thoughts of leaving… which isn’t ideal for us as we would like players who want to be here no matter what.

11 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

I’d argue the opposite. He’s a free agent who will have had plenty of interest and offers. That makes me think we’ve given him a large contract to convince him to stay as with our financial position we wouldn’t find much better for less than 30 million.

I feel all the clubs interested won’t match what we are offering so now he’s having second thoughts of leaving… which isn’t ideal for us as we would like players who want to be here no matter what.

Lots of players are swayed by money, so I have no problem with that. I'd do the same.

I disagree on the 'lots of offers and interest' part though - I just don't think he's in as high demand as he maybe thought he would be when choosing not to extend over the years.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Lots of players are swayed by money, so I have no problem with that. I'd do the same.

I disagree on the 'lots of offers and interest' part though - I just don't think he's in as high demand as he maybe thought he would be when choosing not to extend over the years.

yeah I get that. The calibre of club in for him is probably lower than he expected at one point he was getting touted around Man Utd 😂

However, there will still be plenty of clubs who would take a player like Ndidi on a free, I think it’s naive to think otherwise . The issue seems to be more interest from abroad than other premier league clubs as prem clubs have moved away from players of Ndidi’s style. 

The issue being for Ndidi the clubs interested (namely foreign) cant match premier league wages, hence why he’s probably thinking of resigning. Our hands are also tied, despite him not being the player we had 3/4 years ago, replacing him adequately when we already have 0 midfield would be very difficult. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

I think you've mislaid a decimal point somewhere. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stopharage said:

I think you've mislaid a decimal point somewhere. 

Totally agree.

Wilf is not a £30m player in the current climate.

He has been below average in his past two seasons in the PL, he is guaranteed to be injured for 2/3 months of the season and looked very leggy when came back from his injury in January.

IMO Winks needs some legs next to him to be as instrumental in the PL as he was last season and Wilf doesn’t offer that in 2024 and beyond.

He's 27 years old.  It's arguably the last decent contract he will sign in his career, so it's up to him to take his time and find the right deal for him.

If he resigns, then Wilf on a free is a decent enough signing

29 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Given he's not signed - should we jump to conclusions that he doesn't want to stay and move on? Do we really want someone that drags there feet so much?

we dont know anything 

he may well have agreed to sign but the club may now be dragging their feet.  or its all agreed and there's no rush to announce anything 

so we shouldn't jump to any conclusions

30 minutes ago, TommyK said:

Given he's not signed - should we jump to conclusions that he doesn't want to stay and move on? Do we really want someone that drags there feet so much?

You do know you’re on Foxes Talk right?

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

Also worth noting the club take absolutely ages to announce anything of any sort 

Could genuinely be the difference in us surviving or not. Get wilf anywhere near to his best and this would be the biggest signing we make. 

I thought his legs had gone but I don’t think that’s the case, more of a mismanaged injury which is no surprise as Brendans regime also destroyed maddison, barnes, ricardo and justin…. i’m surprised we don’t have lawsuits going out 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Rather he left tbh. Thought he could get a better deal elsewhere but has failed spectacularly so has come crawling back

We have no idea what, if anything, was offered elsewhere. That's just a football fan mentality where you imagine a rosy world of players in love with the club as much as you are, in reality every single one of them is after a better deal elsewhere.

It's the old addage that we'd all do the same in our own jobs. If you work for Pepsi and Coke offer to double your money, you go work for Coke.

Personally, I only want Wilf here if he's a) injury free and b) committed. Even last season he missed two big chunks with injury and its always an unspecified injury with an unspecified time frame.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

We have no idea what, if anything, was offered elsewhere. That's just a football fan mentality where you imagine a rosy world of players in love with the club as much as you are, in reality every single one of them is after a better deal elsewhere.

It's the old addage that we'd all do the same in our own jobs. If you work for Pepsi and Coke offer to double your money, you go work for Coke.

Personally, I only want Wilf here if he's a) injury free and b) committed. Even last season he missed two big chunks with injury and its always an unspecified injury with an unspecified time frame.

Widely reported Marseille werent prepared to meet his wage demands

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Rather he left tbh. Thought he could get a better deal elsewhere but has failed spectacularly so has come crawling back

This is just a job to him. 

Would you leave your current role if somewhere else that would require you to relocate offered you less money? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Widely reported Marseille werent prepared to meet his wage demands

Wilf’s agent “ £75k PW to seal the deal” 

marseilles “ we’ll give you £22k PW”