Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

46 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would hope this is the case, but is it? Wouldn't he have got a signing on fee as if he were any other out of contract guy? Plus there is potentially a higher watermark with his last contract here?

If nobody else was interested in signing him at the salary he wanted then why would we offer a signing on fee.

We have no idea of what players are being offered salary wise or signing on wise but someone comes up with a couple of figure (not based on anything factual) and we have pages of meltdowns.

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

For PSR whether it's expenditure on wages or amortisation of a transfer fee it makes no difference.

What you just described on a 3 year contract would impact or PSR position yearly by 3.33m transfer amortisation and 2.08m wages, so 5.41m per year.

Wilf at 75k is coating is 3.9m per year.

That doesnt take into account that a younger player at the start of his career on lower wages is more likely to have more resale value than Wilf on the decline.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If nobody else was interested in signing him at the salary he wanted then why would we offer a signing on fee.

We have no idea of what players are being offered salary wise or signing on wise but someone comes up with a couple of figure (not based on anything factual) and we have pages of meltdowns.

Do not disagree, but to suggest he is a cheaper option is just a different sort of guess.

14 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Well his Fossehubs maths aren't great.

He says he wanted €4m euros per annum.

That's £3.4m per annum which is around 66k a week.

Don't forget there's quite possibly tax incentives. He could accept a lower wage abroad and still come out with more than he does on a higher wage here.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

That doesnt take into account that a younger player at the start of his career on lower wages is more likely to have more resale value than Wilf on the decline.

No, but there is no guarantee of that, not working out to well with Soumare at the moment.

It's about balance we have Golding already, we will probably have young players to replace KDH as well.

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

football has so many different outcomes though. The young player could fully flop and leave for nothing .. like kaputska.

If wilf has a fairly standard season for himself (i don’t mean the relegation season form) and we went down, someone would probably sign him for more than we’ve spent on his deal. 

Put it this way, if we were getting him on a free from another club, I think we’d all be quite excited. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

football has so many different outcomes though. The young player could fully flop and leave for nothing .. like kaputska.

If wilf has a fairly standard season for himself (i don’t mean the relegation season form) and we went down, someone would probably sign him for more than we’ve spent on his deal. 

Put it this way, if we were getting him on a free from another club, I think we’d all be quite excited. 

Dont get me wrong I'm happy to re sign Ndidi but financially it's not clear cut whether signing him on a free is better than signing a young player on lower wages for a fee.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iancognito said:

Foxes Talk in a nutshell 😆

This all depends on the length of the deal. If he takes a 2 year extension we offload him next summer for a relatively small fee. If we give him a 3 or 4 year deal like Vestergaard we're hanging on to an injury prone CDM whose best games may already be behind him.

It's about saving on a £25 million + transfer fee to get an equivalent replacement, for an area we're woefully short of players, who would have been on a 3 year deal anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Let's say we are paying him 75k a week over his 3 year contacts that's 11m. 

Who are we buying and paying for less then that?   

A player who cost 5m, being paid 43k a week would cost the same over a 3 year period.

Who you getting better than Wilf for 5m? 

He’s not good. He’s not the Wilf of 3 years ago and he will be injured a lot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Never said he was, we lost Nacho, Albrighton, KDH, Praet in the summer.

We also saw 3 loan players return to their parent clubs, Akgun, Fatawu and Casadi.

That's 7 player we need to replace, finding money to bring in 7 players is going to be a big enough task, have to replace Wilf makes in 8.

So far it Fatawu signs, we will have spent the best part of 25m on 3 players, (Fatawu, Golding and Okoli) + BCDR on a free.

So just to get our number back up without replace Wilf we still need 3.

Resigning Wilf is a cheap option.

Doyle returned to his parent club as well. 

Although we have had players back from loans; Soumaré, Kristiansen and Thomas. 

So are we back to even now?! Could mean any new signings now are matched by outgoings (either permanent transfers or loans)? 

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

Doyle returned to his parent club as well. 

Although we have had players back from loans; Soumaré, Kristiansen and Thomas. 

So are we back to even now?! Could mean any new signings now are matched by outgoings (either permanent transfers or loans)? 

Doyle makes it 8 down, 9 of Wilf leave.

4 in (If Fatawu is done) and if we keep those 3 we would be 2 down still squad number wise.

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

In terms of PSR we have to deal with the here and now sometimes and that means keeping what we have/had and not spending a fee on an equivalent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

Don't forget there's quite possibly tax incentives. He could accept a lower wage abroad and still come out with more than he does on a higher wage here.

He could also have a higher wage abroad and less to spend it on.

Or, a higher wage, but higher cost of living.

Or, lower wage, but higher standard of living

Or... Einy, meeny, miney, mo.

6 hours ago, Mark said:

He was also out of position last year, maybe managers keep trying it because he's no longer effective in his normal position? I think its been forgot how bad he actually was the season we went down.

I might be being naive but the energy he showed in a more advanced role, albeit at a lower level gives me confidence he is over that malaise he had for 2 seasons. There's been documented personal struggles as well as injury struggles and maybe he's got a bit of zip back.

He may always suffer injuries though and is usually good for a few periods out each season but if he applies the ball winning ability and energy again when he does play then I don't think we get better than him for a combined amount that we'll be paying him in wages and fees than if we were to go and buy another player and their transfer fee, wages and other costs.

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Surprised no offers from the Saudia League.

Apparently he turned down a Saudi move over fears of his Nigeria place for the next AFCON and World Cup 

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

I feel we will definitely get an announcement today. Whether it's Ndidi resigning or Fatawu... who knows. 

Or both and that's why we have waited a few days? :ph34r:

• Like 1