Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Wilfred Ndidi

17 hours ago, Broxi-Bear said:

You’re enjoying just quoting posts, aren’t you?

For Wilfred - goodbye and thanks. You were imperious, then brilliant, then useless, and finally useful again. It’s time to part. Thanks for the stoke goal and some really, really good tackles. All the best.

21 hours ago, Broxi-Bear said:

He shit now, either doesn't want to be here or has lost it.  Like faas, cringe seeing him on teamsheet 1hr before

This, pretty much.

Did well this season before his injury though to be fair - Just a shame he's leaving on a free now.

If we aren't able to replace him then I do worry. I don't think we ever really played that well without him outside of 60 minutes at Elland Road.

When he's been on his game we have generally been pretty unstoppable. The two Southampton games in particular.

• Like 4

I think as has happened a few times before he returns from injury rusty, perhaps too quickly, which takes him a considerable time to shake off, usually around his passing which isn't his finest asset to start with and to a slightly lesser degree his mobility but the bigger picture shows that he rides out those spells and comes good.

As with any other renewing or joining this summer the wage offer has to be sensible but pound for pound would we get anyone better with as much experience and "money in the bank" in terms of what we know he can do and in relation to our current squad, style and system? The coaches will know if they want him around and will pass that recommendation on, whether he wants to be here, gets a better option elsewhere or we can offer what we'd need to make it appealing is uncertain. 

The issue with Ndidi is he is good for at least 1-2 muscular injuries of a month or more a season. As referenced by @fazzyfox it then often takes him a number of games (understandably) to get back to the standard he's capable of and overall that's a big chunk of the season his contribution is diminished.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I just can't get over the fact we are/ and have let/letting alot of our players go for free. Yet it feels like we haven't be able to get a free player since Albrighton (or did we buy him too)

Edited by TeamRocket

He gets 10/10 for effort for trying to adapt to Enzos gameplan. But let's be honest, he's got an awful 1st touch and he isn't a great passer. I think the change will be good for him, allowing him to do the things he's good at. Good luck whatever he has planned next.

28 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

I just can't get over the fact we are/ and have let/letting alot of our players go for free. Yet it feels like we haven't be able to get a free player since Albrighton (or did we buy him too)

Yeah, we never seem to take advantage of the free transfer market. I've never understood it. 

• Like 1

Wages will likely be an issue. Not going to a top Prem side, so will likely have to take a pay cut - except he’s out of contract and we would cut it too if he stayed. Good when he’s on it, poor when he’s not. Probably time for a new adventure. Thanks Wilf. 

On his day one of the best defensive midfielders we’ve ever had (a long way behind Kante but most people are). He also played very very well before his injury this season and if he was 100% committed I’d be happy to keep him and think he could do a job in the Prem but it probably feels like it’s best to move on for both parties. No hard feelings and will be remembered fondly. Best of luck if you do move on Wilf. 

Unless he wants to sign at much lesser terms than he's currently on, then it's time to move on with the bestbof wishes.

Had a few absolutely terrific years, but once the injuries started, some of the ability diminished with it. 

I don't believe his desire ever lessened though, popped up with a couple of important goals in the run in and you could see how much the results meant to him at the end.

I think he'd be better off moving over to somewhere like Spain, where the pace is a little slower as I just feel the tempos a bit too much for him now