Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Southampton Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Effective pressing is craft. Listening to these two is painful. Don't have a fvcking clue what they're talking about. 

To be honest it’s not much worse than reading this place at times

Edited by ACF
  • Haha 2

Just now, studentofthegame said:

Come on, you can't try and blame him for that one

Doyle had an absolute howler and is 100% at fault, is Vestegaard running faster going to make Doyle not walk past the ball?

Just now, RoboFox said:

I think Vestergaard is cack as much as the next man, but TBF he wasn't expecting Doyle to have a stroke.

Absolutely not letting Doyle off, its 100% his mistake. Just annoyed by Vesty's faux shock when he can't be arsed while its in play.

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

Vestergaard walking back, then puts his hands up in the air in dismay when it goes in. If you are that upset Jan, you could aways try breaking into a jog to get back FFS.

Leave the bloke alone it wasn’t his mistake there are some idiots on this site and ur the biggest one 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Not in passball, I've decided passball is stupid, over complicating a simple game. Stop the goals one end, score the other! Not hard!

I have to say I was excited by the idea of playing fluid, dynamic football where we control the ball but also create clear chances, excited by the prospect of trying to imitate our own version of Man City.
But it does feel like we are needlessly overcomplicating a lot of our play and struggling to do the very basics.
Which ironically is exactly the way Martin loves to play.

• Like 1

Think Justin is struggling with knowing what to do with Vesty’s lack of pace.

That’s twice he’s had to cover behind on his own, with Vesty just lumbering nowhere.

Anyway - we could do with keeping hold of the ball for a period, to then start playing in the Saints half, we’ve lacked control in our play so far.

Just now, Ricey said:

Positionally it’s absolutely terrible, players getting dragged all over the place.

Two teams trying to play a style that they don’t have the players for.

I dunno I think we're doing alright, much better than them tbf. Doyle is a freak mistake more than a consequence of trying to over play. 

The fact we invested in and were able to attract quality like Winks is the key difference between us and everyone else in this league including these. 

He's so composed, his touch is great, he beats the press so well. So important to how we play. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah it was but he's 19. He's not gonna be perfect. Gonna be some mistakes just gotta crack on now and not dwell on it. 

A yellow bus riding primary schooler would have known better how to deal with that in all fairness. Unforgivable if we don't win, but we can brush it under the carpet if we still do.