Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Southampton Match Thread

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Is it really the striker though? Vardy had once chance and scored, its just the general decision making and plsy in the final 3rd. 

I can't tell if these lot are completely rubbish or it's slightly improved. 

They're car from rubbish, just has an absolute stinker at Sunderland last time out. To me, it looks like we've gone with a game plan of a higher press to put their defence under pressure, so far it's worked 

2 minutes ago, richard123 said:

Looked like a prem team for most of that half. Shitty mistake lead to their goal. Otherwise based on that 45 we are streets ahead of them.

Commentators saying it’s a game of mistakes, but that’s massively unfair. Saints are making fundamental errors given their style, whereas Doyle just made an individual error.

• Like 2

Watching their goal back and while Doyle should be absolutely putting his foot through the loose ball, but it's horrendously criminal that Vestergaard just gives up. Adams has to do nothing to just shrug him off, and he totally stops. Not a fan of that in the slightest. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

This game should be completely over. Honestly, we should have scored 5 or 6, even if most of that was down to Southampton mistakes.

I am so glad we got that goal at the end of the half, because I was infuriated with Callum Doyle. No need to take a chance where he did for that goal. Just put it into Row Z.

In general, passing out from the back I am a big proponent of, we've created a lot of chances from it already. However, away from home when we are two goals up, we can play on the side of caution sometimes. To be fair, that wasn't the issue with the Doyle mistake, but there have been other passages of play where we are taking undue risks. If it's 0-0 or 1 down, it makes sense to do it, but away to another team that is likely going to be up there come the end, we don't have to be perfect.

Aside from that, I have been really impressed again with Kasey McAteer! He's the breakout player of the team so far this season, he really impacts the game. He will probably get hauled off just to give the others time to play, but he's fast becoming one of the first names on the team sheet. High work rate, good decision making, quality on the ball and composure. Loving seeing his emergence!

But you never learn from the mistakes you never make

• Like 1

I actually think we look a bit vulnerable here. The distribution from the keeper is poor, and the game as a whole serves as a great example of the perils of these managers' approaches to the game. That's not, of course, to understate some of the excellent attacking play that we've seen. But this game is very, very messy, and not over yet.