Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Southampton Match Thread

Just now, TrentFox said:

This is just a team we’re going to have to be very patient  with, isn’t it? When we’re good, we’re quite good. When we’re bad, we are quite bad. Think we are just gonna have to suck up the crap bits whilst the team evolves 🥴

Pretty much, it's an adaption for the players who were here last season and in Hermansen Vestergaard Winks, the spine of the team has effectively changed from last season (with how much he played Jannick might as well be a new signing). Playing like this while we're still bedding into the system and players is incredibly encouraging 

• Like 3

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

He has been brilliant so far, good to see

The point is I don't think he's been anywhere near as bad as some on here think all season. He just seems to have become an easy target for some and people seem to make their judgements without actually watching the games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Watching their goal back and while Doyle should be absolutely putting his foot through the loose ball, but it's horrendously criminal that Vestergaard just gives up. Adams has to do nothing to just shrug him off, and he totally stops. Not a fan of that in the slightest. 

Love you, but this is such a wrong take

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Credit where credits due, he has actually been an absolute menace so far.

Fair play to the posters who are happily eating a bit of crow. Actually, I really rate posters that put themselves out on a limb but are mature enough to accept when they are proven otherwise.

Ndidi has made mistakes in this game, he's far from perfect. But so far he's had a good season for us and probably among our better players. For me, he's been a better player both today and all season than KDH.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Livid said:

I know we’re all about building from the back and I can see that possibly Doyle thought Vesty was coming through to pick that ball up but he should have just put his foot through it. 

I think there are times to try cute things and it isn’t when you are near your own box

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

First 25 minutes was poor from both teams. We've been good since the Southampton goal, albeit defensively I'm not filled with confidence, positionally we've looked disorganised on the few occasions they've strung some passages of play together and individually Doyle and Hermansen have me hiding behind the sofa. I think we might need another goal.

Vardy's best performance for a long time and Ndidi has had his most productive half this season even without his goal.

Just now, Ricey said:

I’m both elated and furious at the same time.

Good way to put it!

But I think that is more than OK for a team that is work in progress. I would say we've seen both the very best and the very worst of us today. But hopefully we can all see what this team will become. Not even "could" become, you can see it happening in front of us. Even if we somehow drop points here, we are headed in the right direction. In this game the attacks have been a lot smoother, and we are better at sustaining the attacks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

The first 3 pages of this thread slagging wilf's selection look pretty silly now 

That's just classic hindsight though.

He's looked uncomfortable as an 8 all season, even the most one-eyed Nigerian Facebook dweller wouldn't have him turning into Prime Izzet tonight.