Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Southampton Match Thread

Two terrible defences. Such an open game. Difference is we have taken our chances. Surely at 3-1 up Maresca is going to close things up and stop them from getting into our final third with such ease and then being allowed to swing in crosses and get corners.

This is about game management now. The three points are there for the taking.

I'm really on the fence with how we have performed. I think we've done okay and we've started to string together some pretty smart plays, but Southampton are completely open, there is zero cohesion anywhere on the pitch from them. You can only beat who is in front of you, but Southampton are awful and Martin will be gone soon.

Still don't feel comfortable.

5 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Have to enjoy winning in the championship. Difference in quality is huge. Pretty much would have drawn or lost many of the games in the prem

Best I've seen vardy play in a while.

Will be good to see coady at the back.

Not won yet. 
Hope we keep it going. 
Does worry me these long balls where it seems to be one on one. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Winks is such an intelligent player. I know he made a gaff early on for their early chance but outside of that he's flawless. Just always seems to do the right thing.

I do like how calm and unfazed he is. Just seems to do the job he's asked to and seems to enjoy it. 

Mistakes will happen with the style of football we play, but hopefully few from him if we get other passes right. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Great build up and finish.. if we can sort the defence out when coady and faes are in we'll blow a few teams away with play like that.

Both teams been poor in defence (apart from vesty whose been decent) but deserve to be at least 2 up

It’s not our defence, it’s the complete lack of a screen they get from Winks and Ricardo.

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Love you, but this is such a wrong take

I disagree, he wouldn't have made a difference on this occasion but it is very disappointing to see he isn't busting a gut to get back into the box just in case

It just looked so lazy from him

Just now, st albans fox said:

Very impressed with his run back to cover after Stephy failed to pick him out at the back post 

that’s the stuff that a coach notices 

He’s ticking all the boxes. No one can fault his effort or his attacking play. When he gets a chance he seems to score at the moment. Just great to see another academy lad doing well 

Just now, Hammo said:

Two terrible defences. Such an open game. Difference is we have taken our chances. Surely at 3-1 up Maresca is going to close things up and stop them from getting into our final third with such ease and then being allowed to swing in crosses and get corners.

This is about game management now. The three points are there for the taking.

Teams do find it way too easy to get at our back line 

I suppose it’s the quid pro quo with having players available or pressing higher up the pitch and then being by passed or us losing possession 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Winks is such an intelligent player. I know he made a gaff early on for their early chance but outside of that he's flawless. Just always seems to do the right thing.

He's our best and most important player. The heartbeat of our team whom everything runs through.

McAteer for me slightly shades MOTM right now, but Winks is good in every game. How is he not in the Premier League?! Our gain is other's loss.

• Like 1