Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Southampton Match Thread

Just now, moore_94 said:

I disagree, he wouldn't have made a difference on this occasion but it is very disappointing to see he isn't busting a gut to get back into the box just in case

It just looked so lazy from him

Yeah that's the thing for me. The lack of effort, even if he's not actually going to make it back all the way, don't just stop. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Certainly struggles in front of goal, but scares defenders to death everytime he has the ball… learns to finish and find the pass he will be some player 

He needs to improve his body shape when he gets in behind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

That's just classic hindsight though.

He's looked uncomfortable as an 8 all season, even the most one-eyed Nigerian Facebook dweller wouldn't have him turning into Prime Izzet tonight.

It would be hindsight if I was one of the ones slagging him off. I disagree with what you're saying about his performances this year. I think he's done alright considering this season it's a new role for him and looked dangerous at times. 

4 minutes ago, The Quick Brown Fox said:

This is the football you dream of you team playing (ignoring the dodgy defending), quick pass and movements, one touch passing and going through teams like a hot knife through butter. 

Imagine how good this could get when Enzo Gets them all clicking properly. 

Hmmm Southampton rely on their attacking presence. 
It been nice to watch as we haven’t been facing a low block.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Which bit? 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I disagree, he wouldn't have made a difference on this occasion but it is very disappointing to see he isn't busting a gut to get back into the box just in case

It just looked so lazy from him

Having reread my post, and then Stan’s, I can conclude that I didn’t read his post properly because wine. 

…which means I was not wrong, just misdirected. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

A shout out to McAteer does his defensive duties as well as getting a goal.

Did we really need get anyone else really ?

He has slotted in nicely, looks the part for sure  and showing he can easily play at this level 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Couldn't have gone better really, some calamity defending and honking finishing in places so it's amazing to be 3-1 up at half time. Great to see us finally put more than a couple chances away in such a short space of time and against what you would expect to be one of our promotion rivals

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fair play to the posters who are happily eating a bit of crow. Actually, I really rate posters that put themselves out on a limb but are mature enough to accept when they are proven otherwise.

Ndidi has made mistakes in this game, he's far from perfect. But so far he's had a good season for us and probably among our better players. For me, he's been a better player both today and all season than KDH.

I actually think KDH has been really good today as well but yeah Wilf will win me over if he carries on like this. He looks awkward and ungainly a lot of the time but his ability to win the ball higher up and find space is impressive.

Was meant to be seeing Busted in Nottingham tonight with the missus. (Not my idea at all, promise) 

Arrived in the land of the trees, and saw more crackheads walking through the city centre than you do in our fair city. Get to slim chicken, order a honey glazed bbq burger and friends. However 10 minutes later i’m chundering all over the toilet after feeling like ass all day.  

Missus drives home and we get back its 1-3. I’m not putting it on to jinx us.

Off to sleep now, hopefully won’t soil the bed. Hope we win! Will report in the morning about the state of play. (Whether I’ll have to go off to Dunelm and get more bed sheets.)