Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Southampton Post Match (1-4) W

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

These sky reporters are talking like they were the better team and we were lucky..  could've been anything between 7 and 10 goals to us.

We barely got out of 2nd gear and we were picking them off all over the pitch 

To be fair Beckford did say we didn't get out of 2nd gear. 

I think they are just blown away by how shocking they were. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I ain't sold on the Turkish lad, Doyle or Casadei. Three questionable loans. 

Wilf and Hamza are (in different ways) miles ahead of Casadei. JJ miles above Doyle. The glimpses.if the Turkish lad aren't encouraging. 

Still, a great night! 

Yunus. Not hard to find out what his name is

Southampton concede quick, play decent when 2 down, score by attacking and then go back into their shell… they have a manager who thinks this is glorious football and it will all come together and were unlucky to take a good beating. Remind you of someone.., ? 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Guest Kopfkino

Just taken advantage of a sloppy sloppy side and still you look at it and we’ve not been clinical enough. Russell Martin’s a proper weirdo, I’d be worried as a fan him playing down the issues and trying to big up what they did further forward, they were a shambles.

Actually got really pissed off with our lack of attention to detail at times - really need to work on that. For example, Games gone last 10 mins sure but that’s when the best teams are most impressive and we just weren’t.

Just now, FerrisBueller said:

Missed it cos I’m working, were we excellent? Was it Italian and sexy? Was it prime Vardy? Fill me in.

You need to watch… it was so good to watch. Sure the first 30 was shaky at the back but we shown great passing and movement. Once we gifted them a goal though we went to a whole new level it was the most complete performance; just beautiful 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Was half expecting to come in here and see you make your first positive post of the season but no the wait goes on…..

I've been plenty positive my man. Not really interested in making out that other teams being abysmal is anything to shout about though. 

The main positive to take from that game is that as long as Martin is at Southampton that's one less competitior for the top 2 spots :D

• Like 1

Honestly, regardless of the result I'd have left satisfied today.

Satisfied that we don't have to endure that absolute embarrassment of a pre-match lightshow they put on :frusty:

Lights off, soulless music blaring for about 6 minutes, it's like they wanted to hide the fact that there were fans in the stadium!

Saints fans were actually decent in the first half, but thankfully their stadium stopped them getting anything going early doors.

Great win!

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

To be fair Beckford did say we didn't get out of 2nd gear. 

I think they are just blown away by how shocking they were. 

It really has been a while since I've seen a team SO OPEN in every area of the pitch. Quite hard to understand or work out what exactly Martin is telling them to do.

• Like 1