Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Southampton Post Match (1-4) W

Tonight was the 1st time you could see runs being spotted and the correct passes being made. I've been a huge critic of KDH recently but he was decent tonight, and the 2 through balls that he made were absolutely fantastic. 

Aside from 1 individual error and 5-10 minutes before they scored, we pretty much controlled the game the way we wanted to and most definitely for the 1st time this season we looked dangerous when we went forward, more purpose which led to more clear cut chances. Sure Saints were poor, but it was a different test to what we've faced so far this season.

It was nice to see the little movements, flicks and passes that weren't quite hitting the mark before the international break, were almost on point every single occasion tonight. We've just got to hope that is the start of everything clicking and we push on from here because the signs from tonight are that we are a very dangerous side. We just need that to translate that in games where teams will sit back on us. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

To be fair Beckford did say we didn't get out of 2nd gear. 

I think they are just blown away by how shocking they were. 

Yea true .. its scary to think though that we haven't really got out the traps yet.. seen glimpses of class but nothing consistent yet

I'm under no illusion it'll be easy because it's a tough league but I can see us picking up some big wins 

44 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He needs a bollocking for being selfish.

He needs to work on his final product.

...I think scoring that goal saved him, as his decision-making is poor!!!

He had a second chance to play someone, and he went on his own in the end and scored, he has to see this as a team game and not judge his contribution by the goals that he scores. Nacho since the start of the season seems to think that goal-scoring is the only thing that he can bring to impress Maresca, he has to see by now that supplying is more beneficial to the team than trying so hard to impress.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

We're a joy. I had long forgot what it felt to enjoy watching us play.

Whilst it's true both Leicester and Southampton play possession based football it's like chalk and cheese, it's like two different games, i'm so glad we're finally so far removed from playing they type of nonsense, guff and tripe that Southampton are, they were bloody awful, take nothing away from how we played, it was possession with purpose, no nonsense, we were great but Southampton did half the job for us like we did for so many teams who played against us in the last few years.

We played with a very fluid system, it meant Southampton found it hard to predict what we were going to do; when they had possession they seemed far slower and rigid. Tonight really was some lovely top level continental football from us. Beautiful 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

Watched the game at the pub with my mate who's a Southampton fan. He said we didn't play well and all our goals came from their mistakes. I agree that we did capitalise on their mistakes but I thought we were great and probably should have scored more. They were terrible at the back, not helped by their wafer thin midfield but i thought we set traps for them perfectly and forced their mistakes with our mixture of pressing and dropping off. When we pressed we caused their keeper and defence all sorts of trouble and when we dropped the press and allowed them out a bit we won the ball further back and broke on them. I didn't think we had played well at all this season, despite our good results (up until Hull) but I thought we were brilliant tonight.