Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Southampton Post Match (1-4) W

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I hope you're right but I don't fancy our chances at Anfield

Yeah lol that will be tough, but I expect it to go better than the recent friendly did, we are starting to get into our grove. Let’s say they might find it harder than maybe playing a relegation fodder PL team. We will go there without fear 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah lol thatwill be tough, but I expect it to go better than the recent friendly did, we are starting to get into our grove. Let’s say they might find it harder than maybe playing a relegation fodder PL team.  

Hope you're right but sometimes it can be easy to get carried away as the standard in the championship is pretty poor. Burnley destroyed this league and are now getting destroyed every week in the prem. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Hope you're right but sometimes it can be easy to get carried away as the standard in the championship is pretty poor. Burnley destroyed this league and are now getting destroyed every week in the prem. 

yes I understand the difference of course, all foxes should; we have been at the top of the pyramid of both recently. It is a one off knockout game, and the winning mentality we gather by flying high in the championship will make us dangerous. Let’s say it’s a little better than losing week in week out 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

yes I understand the difference of course, all foxes should; we have been at the top of the pyramid of both recently. It is a one off knockout game, and the winning mentality we gather by flying high in the championship will make us dangerous. Let’s say it’s a little better than losing week in week out 

100%. Anything is better than the absolute turd Rodgers served up over the last 2 years. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Mental that I don't think we played that well yet we won 4-1 and it could have been more.

I think you are looking at the first 30, let’s face it when we did allow them to score, it was all one way traffic, we had so many chances to have made it more. Terrific performance, and the defending in the second half we just totally cut them off, while still threatening. Shaky start for our defence no doubt but a complete performance all round come FT 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Absolute gold Goodman moment tonight…

”I’ve not seen any of their games this season but I bet this is the best leicester have played”

… sure he’s right… but still lol 

It really started to bother me how keen he was to blame the Southampton players and absolve Martin of any blame. 

Kept saying the players are making those decisions, not the manager.

We know from our own players that they are professionals, coached a certain way and paid to follow instructions to the letter. It didn't take very long for Enzo to get us playing a totally different type of football. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's totally different. 

Players play for their manager and play the way they play because their manager told them to. They kept giving the ball away because Martin is insistent on overplaying in the first third.

While we do play from the back, it's very deliberate and quick, with a distinct and established pattern that we work in, so our players get caught out less. And believe me, the likes of KDH and N'didi, as good as the latter was today (KDH was also better than he has been this season so far), would lose the ball just as often and as dangerously in that Southampton set up.

He's just one of these guys who presents his points will all the bravado of somebody very knowledgeable, without, seemingly, the knowledge to back it up. Grating.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Biggest worry now is what happens when our top scorer, Wilf, goes to Afcon. Where are the goals coming from :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to seeing how Forest cope when they end up having to play Doris the tea lady up front because half their squad is on the plane.