Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Southampton Post Match (1-4) W

17 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

This post on the Southampton forum made me chuckle 

7 hours ago,  Saint_clark said: 

Adkins was probably the happiest Saints fans have been since Strachan, maybe even Lawrie. All he asked for was hard work, solid defending and getting the ball forward quickly using wingers and potent finishers.

Absolutely. It's that ****ing simple. 

RM is a pretentious toss pot. Like those ****ing chefs trying to cook a streak with strawberries and serving it on a house brick. ****ing shit, not clever, not tasty, just ****ing grill the thing, season it and be done with it. 

Results are what matters, not a pat on the head for being super duper clever.

lol Who broke the yolks on your breakfast eggs?

I don’t get why after the game last night Prutton kept saying something along the lines of Russell Martin should be commended for his style of football.

It’s like the pundits aren’t aloud to criticise teams who play that way. You could tell Benali was itching to lay into them.

Great win in a potentially difficult match. Best of all we got the best proof yet that this team is starting to click under Enzo’s tactical style. And that was despite a few daft moments on our part. Southampton have clearly got some decent players and potential but they committed more silly mistakes than we did.  Overall we looked the best we have this season. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

The piqued bit is one Southampton fan responding to another 

My eggs are nice and sunny this morning and looking forward to making the acquaintance of my warm buttered toast :)

Fvck me - wtf is wrong with my reading skills. I reckon I need to go back to bed. :nono:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Anyone got a replay of the red? I only saw one replay and it looked like there was very little in it. 

It was in real time and from a regular camera angle though so didn't really show much.

Looked like he went in strongly originally but on the replay it looked lower and not as heavy. Probably a yellow, should be overturned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

I don’t get why after the game last night Prutton kept saying something along the lines of Russell Martin should be commended for his style of football.

It’s like the pundits aren’t aloud to criticise teams who play that way. You could tell Benali was itching to lay into them.

It's like all the pundits have been brainwashed into thinking that this style is the pinnacle.

I do think that the tide is turning with fans though. The above post taken from the saints forum is a good example. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

I think Southampton would be a better side with no manager at all than Russell Martin. Our game aside it takes some incredibly floored tactics for the a team of Southampton quality to lose 5-0 to Sunderland. Martin could very likely be the first manager out the door.

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

The weirdness (and we saw a lot of it last season) is that they can’t call a spade a spade. Saints had just come off a 5-0 defeat where they were very poor. Arguably 3 of their back 5 are very inexperience. Their left back is a summer signing. Which leaves their RB as the only experienced player and he’s 26. It’s just bad management in any day and age that there is no effort to protect them nor change something when it’s evident to everyone watching that the kids at CB, still making their way and proving themselves, are struggling. That isn’t management. That’s ego. I hated it last year and would’ve hated it this year if it was us on the end of that performance.

• Like 2