Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Southampton Post Match (1-4) W

It’s just amazing what a clear well rehearsed game plan can do. Some of the football was unbelievable - yes they were poor at the back - but mullered one of the better teams in the league. Exactly what we needed after Hull.

Vestergaard was very good tonight as well. Hard to drop him after that. Minutes in Justin, but he looked leggy.

Cut out the sloppy passing - especially in our own half - and continue to take our chances and we have the squad strength to romp this division.

Great win. Impressed with Maresca’s game management, Vesty at the back and Jamie’s hunger and menace. But there is also considerable room for improvement. One day Mavididi and Fatawu will rip a team to shreds.

• Like 1

Some really, really big positives from that. The result, obvs. But 90 mins for JJ. Vards scoring. Mav really swaggering. McAteer growing week by week. Vesty outstanding. Never thought I’d say the last one! Once we park the indecision and hesitancy we look good enough to do this. Harder games against more defensive teams ahead, but right now feels very good. 

• Like 1

Exciting times ahead.. been crying out for a winger for ages.. now we've got them in abundance.

Struggled for 25 mins in defence with a new formation from what we've been playing, then solidified.. yet we still have faes and coady to come in to that.

Spoilt for choice in midfield.

Looked like we saw a glimmer of what we are about today, give it a few weeks and some teams are getting torn apart 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Really good going forward. Some of our passing around our penalty area is the only negative, gave the ball away loads taking unnecessary risks.

Pretty much my take on the game as well.  I was having a mini rant at the TV towards the end with some of the needless passing around and backwards in the penalty zone.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did anyone else notice that the overall tempo we played at was quicker than previous matches and the intent to try and actually get forward with a bit more gusto was a little more evident.

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Bloody fantastic. 

I said that tonight and Wednesday will show what we are really made of because these teams won’t sit back against us. And look what’s happened. 

Never under any real pressure. Never broke down. Played some lovely football and fully controlled the game. Plenty of chances. Still room for improvement, too. 

"Why are we sitting back?"

:whistle::D