Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

Southampton Post Match (1-4) W

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Exciting times ahead.. been crying out for a winger for ages.. now we've got them in abundance.

Struggled for 25 mins in defence with a new formation from what we've been playing, then solidified.. yet we still have faes and coady to come in to that.

Spoilt for choice in midfield.

Looked like we saw a glimmer of what we are about today, give it a few weeks and some teams are getting torn apart 

I do genuinely feel you’re right.

I think this squad now has the players AND the manager to absolutely rip opposition sides to bits when we hit full pelt.

I imagine the bookies think this too and the odds will be reducing dramatically 

Edited by Col city fan

19 minutes ago, nathan. said:

He needs a bollocking for being selfish.

He needs to work on his final product.

Yeah, his decision-making is certainly lacking. In the Championship he will get more chances to get it right though.

For such an (superficially) impressive final score...

We were so wildly inconsistent, especially in the first half.  For short periods (5 - 10 minutes) we looked like world-beaters, next period we were shambles in our own half.

We started slowly second half, and I was a bit worried.  Finally seemed to grab the game by the scruff and scored the final two goals.

The subs seemed spot-on.  Southampton also wilted as the second half wound down.

Re: Vestergaard -- WOW.  I have called him Lurch for two years; I may have to retire the nickname.  Excellent game, bar one mistake leading up to the sole Southampton goal.

Vardy back in the goals.

Lots of very promising young players, who will be occasionally inconsistent but show bags of potential.

• Like 1

First of all, great win against 'one of our promotion rivals' - yes they were poor at the back but we still needed to score. We were clinical at times but honestly we could have score at least 2 or 3 more. I'm not going to lie, as happy as I am with the win, I'm still a bit unsure about our decision making at times, both defensively and going forward. Need to build on that but I think still a long way to go. Can anyone link the post match interviews by any chance? 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I ain't sold on the Turkish lad, Doyle or Casadei. Three questionable loans. 

Wilf and Hamza are (in different ways) miles ahead of Casadei. JJ miles above Doyle. The glimpses.if the Turkish lad aren't encouraging. 

Still, a great night! 

Wasn’t Doyle’s best game but he’s been solid in the others