Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

LCFC v Norwich (A) - 20/09/23 @ 8:00PM - PRE MATCH THREAD

Happy for the extra days rest before playing them.

Think they'll be much tougher than Southampton. Norwich seem to actually play with a decent attacking intent, but then it does leave a level of openness about them. 

Plenty more goals in this one, but I'd probably start with the same 11 that started today. Perhaps Coady or Faes in for Doyle. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Happy for the extra days rest before playing them.

Think they'll be much tougher than Southampton. Norwich seem to actually play with a decent attacking intent, but then it does leave a level of openness about them. 

Plenty more goals in this one, but I'd probably start with the same 11 that started today. Perhaps Coady or Faes in for Doyle. 

Completely agree. For me I'd go with Faes as he's more up to speed. Keep to the 4 at the back. They're the leagues highest scoring team, I wouldn't throw coady in to this one after not playing for months 

Switch to the 3 at the back vs Bristol bringing in coady for justin

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

Hermansen

Faes Coady Doyle

Ricardo Winks

McAteer Ndidi Casadei Mavididi

Iheanacho

Fatawu, Vardy, Akgun, KDH off the bench for this one. Give Justin a rest and play him at the weekend. 

Give Vardy a run of games, hopefully now that he has popped his cherry.  He might play more relaxed and the natural finisher instincts will shine.

Enzo did say he is the most important player, in the post match interview.

• Like 3

I think with the squad we've got, Maresca won't see it as dropping players, but rotating them. I don't think when a player is left out it is necessarily a reflection of their performance, good or bad, but a confidence that he (Maresca) has players that can play in whatever position equally as well as those left out. IMO I think perhaps the players buy into this philosophy, rather than playing the odd game when someone is injured or suspended. It also ensures that the squad are match ready when they are playing more often. So my point is, I think Maresca will make changes against Norwich because he is confident he can rotate his team without weakening it. The only outfield player I feel is difficult to replace like for like is Winks. 

• Like 3

Will be very interesting to see the line-up.

Defensively with Coady & Faes will be available again - JJ & Vestergaard did an excellent job last night. Ricci has to play as the Hybrid midfielder and Doyle has started every match so far.

I think we stick with the midfield 3 of Winks, Ndidi & KDH. I don't think Norwich will try to dominate possession like Southampton so Ndidi winning the ball high up the pitch quality won't be so important & I would like to see Casadei start as I think he is better creativity, but not expecting Enzo to mix it up yet. I would also like to see Akgun in the central position again, maybe as a sub again, but more time - interesting to see him come on in that position against Southampton, but not long enough left to make a judgement.

Front 3. Mavididi, Vardy & Kasey did brilliantly last night. But with so many options does he stick or rotate, we play again just 3 days later?

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

In retrospect, given he'd been away with England, he could have left Doyle out tonight. The kid's played a lot of games without a proper break over the summer and maybe just needs a bit rotating to get his freshness back.

Mads

Vesty Coady Justin

Ricky

Winks    

Macca     Wilf       KDH      Mavididi

Vardy

The one obvious thing from the Southampton game is that Vardy occupies defenders way more than Nacho and it stretches the opposition backline. There's still a reputation with the guy and CBs are attracted to him like Primark security guards watching a single mum with a double pushchair with only one kid in it. Nacho drops too deep and we lose ten yards of space to play in.

Thank you for that: made me laugh so much I couldn’t read it out to my wife, who wanted to know what all the hysterics were about!

• Haha 3

Massive game but not beyond us by any means. They lost to Rotherham before the international break and let in 4 goals to a Southampton team we just breezed past (despite Russel Martin's assessment)

Johnny Rowe looks a real player as does Gabriel Sarra. They do have problems up top with Josh Sargent.

A draw wouldn't be horrendous but I'm going 2-1 to the boys in blue

Slightly off topic,but I’ve noticed there are quite a few away tickets left.

I’ve got mine,but my mate also Cambs hasn’t and often takes his daughter.

He has gone since the MON days when I introduced him to Leicester.

Due to work he didn’t think he could justify 2 memberships,I know it’s been mentioned before,but surely if you had a booking history of let’s say 5 matches over say 3 seasons it would prove you’re a Leicester fan and open up to selling a full allocation sold.

Think there should and will be some rotation for this one. We’ve got 3 midweek fixtures in a row now (including the cup), so 7 games in a little over 3 weeks. 

Doyle is probably the one you would want to rest after last night but I think Enzo likes having a left footer in that position to open up passing options, although would try Justin there at the weekend.

Would probably start with the below (4 changes), with the likes of Wilf, Vardy, Mavididi, Coady and Justin coming in at the weekend. 

Hermansen 

Faes - Vestergaard - Doyle 

Ricardo - Winks 

Akgun  -  Casadei  -  KDH  -  Mcateer 

Iheanacho 

Same team for me, why change something that works against a team similar to Southampton who will be looking to play, we have enough rest between the two games.

Hard on Faes although he could come in for either Justin or Doyle.

I think we struggle when teams just park the bus against teams that actually want to play we should come out on top.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Give Vardy a run of games, hopefully now that he has popped his cherry.  He might play more relaxed and the natural finisher instincts will shine.

Enzo did say he is the most important player, in the post match interview.

I’d agree with this. I thought the only changes I’d make would maybe to swap Doyle out for Faes. KDH didn’t have his best game but even the. He brings something to the table. It will be tempting to keep the same team.