Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

LCFC v Norwich (A) - 20/09/23 @ 8:00PM - PRE MATCH THREAD

It will be interesting to see whether Justin coming in was a tactic for that particular game or whether he keeps his place. Also have to consider 2 quick games for him given his injury record. 

Extra rest from Friday to Wednesday should mean Vardy can play again but then can he play next Saturday if he plays in this one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

It will be interesting to see whether Justin coming in was a tactic for that particular game or whether he keeps his place. Also have to consider 2 quick games for him given his injury record. 

Extra rest from Friday to Wednesday should mean Vardy can play again but then can he play next Saturday if he plays in this one. 

I wouldn’t expect him to start 

back to the same defence as previous games imo 

53 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I’m going to go with an unpopular opinion. 

Everybody is crying out for Ndidi to be replaced by Casadei but I actually think he’s so important to the way we played on Friday, that high press was obvious from the get go and I think Ndidi’s press was so pivotal in us winning the ball higher up the pitch. I know he becomes a bit brain dead on the ball in the final third (although he’s scored 3 this season to be fair to him) I think he has to start if we want to be winning the ball high up the pitch. 

I think enzo appreciates neither Ndidi or KDH are really that good on the ball technically but they’re both so good off the ball and it’s the wingers job to create in this system. 

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Faes in for Justin Wednesday then Justin in for Doyle next Saturday, Vardy will play Wendesday.. Nacho or Daka Saturday.

I think everyone else keeps there position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Enzo has made very few changes in league games so far unless forced. I do think he'll have to rotate once we get in the midst of additional midweek games, but for Wednesday I think the only change will be Faes in for either Doyle or Justin.

Beauty of JJ is he could comfortably play either side of the CB. I think Doyle needs a game on the sideline, just so we can try something a bit different. 

Ndidi is rescuing his career, he has till January to play his way into a big move, I expect to see a monster Ndidi till then, his reinvention under Enzo has been startling and the reality is with most of the best teams in Europe deploying a high press if he can continue with miraculous revival he will get a big club in January 

my fear is by then he will be our best player and the man that will have driven us clear at the top of the league, could we afford to let him go in January ? 

Enzo is becoming all that I prayed he would be, the rock our revolution is anchored to, he is a serious manager with a very serious future 

Edited by LinekersLugs

Be interesting. I didn't think we would see him starting JJ 2 games in a row right now. But i wonder if the feeling will be Norwich at their place will go for it and take a few more risks, meaning JJ would be a better choice and then rest him for Bristol.  I think thats the first 90 mins JJ has played since his last injury. 

What about up front. Vardy looked fitter than i have seen him in a long time, and Nacho looked disinterested when he came on. Maybe persists with Vardy for the time being? So basically i think he picks the same starting 11 unless Enzo feels he needs to rotate Vardy and JJ.

16 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Ndidi is rescuing his career, he has till January to play his way into a big move, I expect to see a monster Ndidi till then, his reinvention under Enzo has been startling and the reality is with most of the best teams in Europe deploying a high press if he can continue with miraculous revival he will get a big club in January 

my fear is by then he will be our best player and the man that will have driven us clear at the top of the league, could we afford to let him go in January

Enzo is becoming all that I prayed he would be, the rock our revolution is anchored to, he is a serious manager with a very serious future 

Yes. 100% In fact, if Ndidi does exactly then we should all thank him forever more, wherever he ends up going.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

my fear is by then he will be our best player and the man that will have driven us clear at the top of the league, could we afford to let him go in January ? 

We all thought the Wilf at CM/AMF experiment was a mad side effect of the heavy squad turnover this summer, but turns out it's a very intentional shift in how he's utilised. DMFs can do a solid job further up the pitch if they understand the system. It was shaky at first but in the past 2-3 games we've seen a real step up both in his positioning and link up once he wins the ball back. He's also showed he's pretty nifty in the opposition box, somewhere we've never seen him before this season.

I'm not too worried as long as Enzo is drilling Hamza on playing the same way if he does go in January - a few solid cameos have me hopeful that he is, and he'll almost certainly get his chance during AFCON. The simple fact that Wilfred Ndidi is starting to learn how to pass a ball shows anything is possible. lol

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

I know shouldn't change a winning team etc etc but I still think we need to bring Coady in.

He's better than Vesty or Doyle (even though Vesty had a good game) but also I think he'll help organise the team.

We still look sloppy at times and I think he'll bring a lot more organisation to the team against someone who could really punish sloppiness.

Harsh, but just my opinion. 

I'd probably go same team and swap Doyle out for Coady. Think Doyle has a lot of potential, but arguably been worse than Vesty for the last two games. At fault for Southampton goal & basically got schooled against Hull.

Edited by adejo92