Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adejo92

LCFC v Norwich (A) - 20/09/23 @ 8:00PM - PRE MATCH THREAD

I haven’t really seen much of Norwich but I’d imagine they would expect to show some initiative being at home so possibly similar to Southampton where we can attack quickly albeit surely without the level of mistakes Southampton gifted. 

Therefore, the same or similar. Any changes to be like for like if possible. Bristol City at home at the weekend will likely be more like Hull was so maybe more about technical options.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Enzo has made very few changes in league games so far unless forced. I do think he'll have to rotate once we get in the midst of additional midweek games, but for Wednesday I think the only change will be Faes in for either Doyle or Justin.

I wouldn't play Justin purely on easing him back.

Hopefully we have learn putting a load on players coming back from long terms injuries is a bad idea.

• Like 4

I expect this to be a very different game to the Southampton one. Norwich aren't a possession based team (only had more than 60% possession once in the league so far) and will be happy to let us dominate in this regard. They will be happy for us to play the Southampton role and look to capitalise on any mistakes we make at the back. We are not as prone to making gaffes as Southampton, but we certainly still have the odd mistake in us.

• Like 1

Got to be the same eleven, with maybe faes in for Doyle surely.

Resting players needs to be the Bristol game, which won't be easy by any means, but Norwich away will be one of the toughest games of the season. Hense why I wouldn't start Coady here either, against the leagues top scoring team. Keep it simple.

Norwich

Hermansen

Jj   vestergaard  faes  Ricardo

Winks

Wilf                  kdh

Mcateer  vardy    mavididi

Bristol

Hermansen

Coady   faes  Doyle 

Ricardo  Winks

Casadei               kdh

Abdul     kelechi      Mavididi

Now he's part of the squad, I'd start integrating Daka in for 20 minutes here and there so he gets some playing time and sharpness for if/when we need him. Not a fan of him, but we need to try and utilise him.

2-1 away win.. Vardy to bag a brace, 1 from the spot.. then batter Bristol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simonb said:

Got to be the same eleven, with maybe faes in for Doyle surely.

Resting players needs to be the Bristol game, which won't be easy by any means, but Norwich away will be one of the toughest games of the season. Hense why I wouldn't start Coady here either, against the leagues top scoring team. Keep it simple.

Norwich

Hermansen

Jj   vestergaard  faes  Ricardo

Winks

Wilf                  kdh

Mcateer  vardy    mavididi

Bristol

Hermansen

Coady   faes  Doyle 

Ricardo  Winks

Casadei               kdh

Abdul     kelechi      Mavididi

Now he's part of the squad, I'd start integrating Daka in for 20 minutes here and there so he gets some playing time and sharpness for if/when we need him. Not a fan of him, but we need to try and utilise him.

2-1 away win.. Vardy to bag a brace, 1 from the spot.. then batter Bristol

Daka is awful, hope I don’t see him all season

Famous last words incoming. 

But Justin has been fit for about 6 months. He was fit at the end of last season, only the squad list stopped him being involved. He's also been training and conditioning himself over the summer when other players were in recovery from the last season.

I think he's had some minor soft tissue issues since the start of the season. But so has half the team. I think he's as ready as he's ever going to be to play two games back to back 

I can see Coady playing a part on Wednesday, probably coming on for the last 20mins or so. Hopefully his communication & organisational skills makes us a better defensive unit, we do occasionally have a mistake or two in us.

Edited by STEVIE B

So, i am sure i am not alone but my knowledge of the Championship is nothing like it was in the Premier League. It's hard to keep on top of when our next game is, let alone when other teams are playing and how they are got on.

Furthermore, knowledge base on squads etc isn't as good as it is in the Premier League where, for the most part, most people are able to name 90% of a teams line up off the cuff.

With that in mind, i am going to try and put something together for most games like below. It won't be detailed as i have limited free time, but it my help others with a bit of prior knowledge leading up to the matches and hopefully fill in some little voids in knowledge that people my have.

So, starting for our next game...

Obviously I am happy for whoever creates the respective match thread to copy & paste it into their opening as more people will see it then rather than it being lost among pages.

Edited by adejo92
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I wouldn't play Justin purely on easing him back.

Hopefully we have learn putting a load on players coming back from long terms injuries is a bad idea.

Yeah you're probably right. Maybe Hamza for his pace comes in, although Ashley Barnes isn't the quickest so perhaps we have a plan to protect our slow defence.