Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (a) - Match Thread

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Nacho has been good, Casadei has looked bobbins , expect him to be hooked at half time for Dewsbury-Hall.

Nope - he's been running into nothing all game. Although that last pass to Mavadidi was good. I would keep on for 15 mins to see if the penalty has given him some confidence.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Missed the penalty because I took the lad to bed but from the first half hour it could be described as a patient but controlled performance. 

Under Rodgers its probably described as crap but it feels composed under Enzo. Back ourselves to create eventually. 

Yunus is tidy on the ball but don't if he has that extra bit to get away from his man. McAteer did well but doesn't have the ability to take his man on one on one. 

Iheanacho was dreadful but has scored the goal I guess so yay. 

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

If the ref had booked Gibson for his first foul on Nacho they wouldn't have had so many complaints but he booked him for the weaker challenge straight after he booked Duffy then he booked Barnes for gobbling off. They're just whining because they lost control of the game in that final 15.

This has killed me

• Haha 1

Just now, Simonb said:

Probably should have been 2, but I think 1-0 at half times a fair reflection

Been the marginally better team considering all the changes but they look poor.

I'd imagine they'll come out much better in the second half. Get ndidi on for casadei at HT and bring Vardy on for the last 30mins to stretch their defenders 

If Nach hadn't got that goal there was every case for bringing Vardy on at HT. Nacho just isn't a no9 in any league. He can do the Maddison 10 role or even the Ndidi/Casadei role in this formation but he drops too deep for a striker. This style needs someone up top that stretches the defence and makes them drop back a yard.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Nacho has been good, Casadei has looked bobbins , expect him to be hooked at half time for Dewsbury-Hall.

I think he will get another 15 minutes but he hasn’t had a great game. I expect most of those five changes made before the match to be reversed before the game is over to be fair. I was worried about so many changes beforehand but we have done better than I expected. Strength in depth is going to be very important in this league.