Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (a) - Match Thread

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm really enjoying this game, not just because of the score. Some notes:

• I've been quite impressed by Norwich. Their change of shape, their playing out from the back, their use of Sara. Given the resources available to both teams, they play good stuff and structurally are the best team we've played aganst so far.
  • Faes was chasing Barnes quite high up the pitch. He's in the team to deal with him as he's a physical player. Called this one in the tactics thread!
  • What I didn't call was Hamza coming in and playing close attention to Jonathan Rowe, who has been one of the best players in the division so far. Hamza has been superb! Both on and off the ball and has dealt with Rowe very well.
  • Right and Left footed 8's are playing on different sides than I would expect, which must be intentional. I think it's because we are exploiting the slow pace of their CBs, so Nacho draws them out and they run in behind. We have almost pulled it off a few times.
  • Yunus I have been very impressed with. Great football brain and first touch. We brought him as a winger, but is he the Turkish Championship version of Bernardo? You heard it here first.
  • Casadei a bit off it. Not horrible, but expected a bit better, the move has broken down the most going to him, or he's given fouls away.
  • Kasey McAteer I love, love, love! He's everywhere! First touch has let him down a bit, but he's making his chances and terrifying their fullback.
  • Mavididi started off slow, but looked a class above by the end of the half.
  • Even before the goal I felt we were playing well. Maybe 10% worse than against Southampton, but only because of the number of changes.
  • Maresca chose more physical players for this game, and it's worked. We have dealt with their muscle and in fact riled THEM up. Both CBs and Barnes on yellows? When Vardy and Fatawu come on they are going to be in big trouble.

Playing system football has one big advantage. You can make a lot of changes because everyone knows what they need to do. This is scarily impressive that we can go away from home, make 5 changes and still dominate.

Yunus looks to be the technician we need in place of Maddison, you can tell he has that bit of intelligence/guile that is hard to come by. Little touches and movements he makes just look really clever. I just hope he can live with the physical demands of English footy because he could be a real player. 

• Like 2

There were two of our players that were shoddy in possession but both are causing problems for Norwich. It’s been a typical Iheanacho game - from the sublime to the ridiculous. Some slapdash control, some outstanding football including the Duffy turn and the resultant booking which will mean he’ll have more space when receiving the ball in this 2nd half. Casadei gave the ball away a lot but he’s a young lad that’s clearly got real quality and he’s worrying his marker. 

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

No, it looks like the thing @tom27111 has already alluded to

It's 2043, @Daggers is the subject of a Channel 4 special documentary about abuse of crisps.

He insists it was all consensual. 

Foxestalk bans advertisements on his posts.

Looking back, the signs were all there.

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 1

Just now, CaliFOXnia said:

Yunus looks to be the technician we need in place of Maddison, you can tell he has that bit of intelligence/guile that is hard to come by. Little touches and movements he makes just look really clever. I just hope he can live with the physical demands of English footy because he could be a real player. 

He probably just needs to learn that refs in this league are less inclined to blow for the "little" fouls, so try to stay on your feet unless it's impossible.

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I wish I had your analytical skills. All I could come up with a half time was 'yeah good arf innit'

Factually correct, succinct analysis :punk:

2 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Let's not get carried away, but he's done well so far. He's quite a slight player, so I was a bit worried he might get knocked about, especially as an 8, but it's not transpired that way.